Just Joined 1994 Land Cruiser 80 1FZ-F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

New guy here. Just wanted to give a quick intro about me and my rig.

I'm American, recently relocated to Costa Rica. After arriving I knew I needed a car, and when I began my search I knew I wanted to buy a Toyota. I had my eye on buying a 4runner but the day before I was going to go buy one, this ad popped up. It was for a 1994 LC 80. The family owned the car for 10 years and was only selling the car for $4,000. I was shocked. It was pretty well kept but definitely needed some love. Being a previous owner of a 73' Scout II this thing caught my attention and I wasn't gonna pass it up. While I was looking at it, the family was getting multiple calls on it, so I just pulled trigger and bought it. A few months have passed now and I am just starting to realize how rare this version is. It's a 1FZ-F carbureted model. So far I am stoked on owning it and it is an incredible vehicle.

The only thing that bothers me is how rare the parts are for this thing. For instance, the carb. I can't find an OEM carb anywhere if I wanted to replace it. With that said, I want to welcome any tips you guys have for me regarding this vehicle. All your help is much Appreciated. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.

I added Dobinson's Suspension, 35's with Black Rhino Stadium wheels and 35% 3M Polarized Tint all the way around.

LC2.jpg

LC6.jpg

LC8.jpg

LC4.jpg

LC5.jpg

Whoa! That's awesome. Curious if it has the manual choke like it's carb'd ancestors? What tranny? Would be awesome if you brought it back to the states.

Welcome to MUD !!

Nice truck :)

Was it hard to find an 80 down there?
Saw a lot of 40s, don't remember how many 80s were around.
Pura Vida man, you're living the life!

No flares. Cool! Has to be a carb rebuild shop down there. Should be able to find a kit on the internet or plug youR vin into partsouq or megazip.

80's in the middle east came with the 1FZ-F instead of the 1FZ-FE. My 1994 FZJ75 also has the 1FZ-F engine. I bought a carburetor kit as a spare recently but just looked and the carburetor is available on Partsouq.com. Put your VIN in on their website and the diagrams will come up. Part number for your 80 should be the same.

2110066012CARBURETOR ASSY64.3481647.39$

Congrats on your purchase. Looks like a great buy for $4k.

Whoa! That's awesome. Curious if it has the manual choke like it's carb'd ancestors? What tranny? Would be awesome if you brought it back to the states.

Hey 60, It does have the manual choke.. right now it's not working but I'm working on it. The truck has a 5 speed manual transmission not sure what model the tranny is.

Was it hard to find an 80 down there?
Saw a lot of 40s, don't remember how many 80s were around.
Pura Vida man, you're living the life!
It was pretty hard, yeah. I wasn't looking but there aren't many around. After I bought this one I looked around at whats for sale and I would say there is about 4-5 for sale in the country right now. Pura vida!

80's in the middle east came with the 1FZ-F instead of the 1FZ-FE. My 1994 FZJ75 also has the 1FZ-F engine. I bought a carburetor kit as a spare recently but just looked and the carburetor is available on Partsouq.com. Put your VIN in on their website and the diagrams will come up. Part number for your 80 should be the same.

2110066012CARBURETOR ASSY64.3481647.39$

Congrats on your purchase. Looks like a great buy for $4k.
Wow this is great information! thank you Wardamneagle. I have a question that you may be able to help with. What aftermarket carb can I put on this engine? Does Holley make anything? or what would you suggest for an aftermarket carb? Obviously I don't want to lose power. Thanks!

Wow this is great information! thank you Wardamneagle. I have a question that you may be able to help with. What aftermarket carb can I put on this engine? Does Holley make anything? or what would you suggest for an aftermarket carb? Obviously I don't want to lose power. Thanks!

No idea as I am very happy with the OEM carb. Sorry about that.

Pure vida and welcome :flipoff2: (official mud welcome sign). Which part of Costa Rica?
Last I was there I was sure to rent a 200 series at the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom