Just installed Sony in my Tuffy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sony model # CDX-GT200

Cost me $129.00 now on sale at Cruchfields for $119.00

No big drivin system but has every thing I need, MP3 input on the face, remote,
amp outputs on back.

Big deal with it is that it is rated to be mounted and play CD's at 45degree angle.

I've only had it in for a few days but it does not skip at all. We have snow on the roads that has been down for days so the roads are really really bumpy with ice and snow piled up and packed into "speed bumps" every few yards. No skip when banging over them..

Left the stock door speakers (front) probably will replace with some modern 5 1/4 front and build some boxes for the back, (don't want to cut holes in panels). sound is exceptable now, fm way better. But hey I have that ringging deal going on in my ears so I can't hear a damn thing anyway..

Keep us posted on the long term performance... I have been through a couple of CD players in my Tuffy, both of which said they were good for the angles (not sure on exact specs). I finally came to the conclusion that I would just by crappy CD players as they are likely to get destroyed by dirt/rain (I forget to shut my lid when wheeling in my topless 40)... A CD player that could handle the angle may change my mind.

:D

Yeah, lookiing at those $250 -$1000. decks I think the 129 for the sony is pretty cheap.
Hoping it will hold up will keep you posted. I figue I'll make a week or two before i dump a Latte in it..

i haven't run a cd deck, but i've got a changer mounted inside my tuffy, with a head unit in the stereo slot...four years and good to go.

I've had an Alpine in the Tuffy of my 40 (much rougher ride) for a few years now and it has gotten wet a few times, been exposed to outside elements for two summers and hardly ever skips. Yep, you heard it hardly ever skips. Very happy with it!

hardly ever ever hardly eve ev ever hard har har hardly ever sk skip sk sk r skip sk hardly eve hard sk skips k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom