Just had to leave my FJ62 in a parking lot, no start engine won't turn over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just drove to target and when i came out my truck would not start. It was having trouble starting the other day and I just wrote it off as being an old battery(weak starts, barely turning over). I waited a day, bought a new battery and it started up fine. Now I'm realizing that the battery was not the issue. I'm thinking it might be the starter solenoid, but the starter was replaced around 6 months ago. I can hear the starter click once but the engine does not turn over. I'm going to let it cool and come back in a few hours and try to start it again so i can get it home. Any thoughts on the issue?

I've encountered situations in a 3FE'd FJ60 and FZJ80 where the starter would not turn over even with a good battery and a properly rebuilt starter. Giving a jump start would add enough juice for the starter to engage and crank the engine. To alleviate this condition I installed a relay to trigger the starter.

I've encountered situations in a 3FE'd FJ60 and FZJ80 where the starter would not turn over even with a good battery and a properly rebuilt starter. Giving a jump start would add enough juice for the starter to engage and crank the engine. To alleviate this condition I installed a relay to trigger the starter.

ok that makes sense I'm gonna go back and try if it won't start on its own

My cables periodically work loose at the posts. Sometimes they'll sit just right and it's fine, but while I drive, they'll loosen. When I come out it will click, but not start. One of these days, I'll get new cables.

Cables...
Corrosion....
Goooood connections....
Check yer grounds.

jumped it off and got it home. guess new cables are on the list. I've had issues with them before. Thanks for the help!

If it happens again try tapping the starter housing and try starting again. I've had the same experience
with a new and re-manufactured starter sometimes this works.

Also check the fusible links. Doesn't sound like the culprit, but just to be safe :)

jumped it off and got it home. guess new cables are on the list. I've had issues with them before. Thanks for the help!
Since the starter was just replaced, my first stop would be the connections on the starter itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom