Just got this '69 from 1 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ouch, uploading photos is not a simple one-click process on this forum. Time to upgrade to Joomla or something.

CIMG3563.jpg

CIMG3562.jpg

69 FJ40.jpg
69 FJ40.jpg
CIMG3562.jpg
CIMG3563.jpg

Tail lights and brackets are available from Toyota still.

Yes, I got those coming already.

I just realized the photo in the owners manual shows those hubcaps. That should have been an indication to me that they were stock. I'm pretty sure that is also the stock bumper but they cut a hole in it for the winch cable.

Glad Johnny answer on the hubcaps, which look pretty good BTW!

To my knowledge, the gray rims started in '67/'68...not 100% on this, but I would say '67.

Very cool of you to decide to keep it stock...but then again I am a purist ;) Did you see these tires, https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Y742S&partnum=700R5742S , these are what I will be putting on my rig...original size, plus I keep reading good tings about them...below is a fellow mud member's 1962 with them...they look great!!

BTW...we all dream of buying a rig off the original owner, and finding it still stock...well at least I do. Once again...very nice rig :cheers:
Yokohama Y742S 7R15.jpg

Very nice rig! I like stock also, maybe not 100% but mostly. The 3 on the tree is cool, my 67' had that and I could sit my step son in the middle seat without worries of hitting his knees. I recently bought a complete "parts" cruiser and I think it has stock wheels...is it possible you post a pic without the hubcaps on so I could get a better view. My wheels have a stamp T 15X5 1/2 JJDOT 2 82 and they are white but look stock white not repainted. There is a little symbol after the DOT and before the 2 82 but can't make out what it is/means. They come off of a 72 fj40 factory soft top. These are welded in the back but the spare is rivited and grey and has hub cap clips on it but with no number stamp anywhere. I have been wanting stock wheels for my 71 fj40 so I hope I'm onto the right thing.
l[1].jpg
user38983_pic18106_1299481606[1].jpg

This may sound corny but would you be willing to scan the stickeer from billings to a PDF and email it to me??? Or if you could fax it, email larry05@bresnan.net fax 406-655-2511, thanks in advance, if you could send me a pic of the Billings sticker in the back that would be great as well,, Larr

I wouldn't be able to scan it without removing it. I don't want to remove it until I spend days figuring out how to get it off without destroying it. When I do repaint this I will be putting that decal back on. That thing is sick! Think about the story behind this sticker. This is a Chrysler and Plymouth dealer. All american. Then they decided to get some Toyotas...to the average American...Jap crap. They were most likely too afraid or embarrassed to put Toyota in large letters on this thing. I could be wrong but that's how it was in Ohio where I'm from with the GM plant int he town next to us.

I've been lucky enough to find 1 owner stock vintage stuff my whole life: 63 Beetle, 58 Vespa, 67 Nova, 69 GTO, and random bicycles. Lucky I guess.
CIMG3627.jpg
CIMG3627.jpg

Dang does that have some kinda early smog pump setup? Whats with the air rail looking thing down the drivers side of the head? Way cool and awesome score! My 7-69 was close to this original but thanks to the PO some things are lost forever! Wish I could of skipped him and went straight to the original owner like you did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom