Just got the Uh Oh from Robin about the 80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Just got the dreaded Uh Oh something is wrong with the 80.

The AC is not working. The compressor is not kicking in at all. So i see what i get to do today.

She did not like the first answer from me though.

So what, I walk in the heat all day.

Or the next one, just roll the darn windows down. The answer to that was i will mess up my hair.

So much for tractor time today.

I had this problem when I got mine. I did some troubleshooting and couldn't figure it out (not real good w/ electronics), I took it to a shop here and it was some switch or relay. :) Thankfully it was dirt cheap to replace. I hope this is all that's wrong with yours Darin, can't have any tussled hair ya know. ;)

Heather was mentioning the same thing yesterday when she drove home from the show. I haven't confirmed it's not working, or just not working as it used to... I'll take a drive today.

Hey Joe, Do you know what switch it was ?

Did not get to look at it today as was cutting more trees down again. Had to get Robin out of the house.

Will explain in my other newer thread.

I have A/C pressure guages if anyone needs to borrow them.. ASE certification thats up for answering any questions i can. Let me know

Darin, I'll look for the receipt this evening, if I find it I'll post it. I don't recall offhand which switch it was.

Thanks. Cut down about 25 more trees today. Wife came out for about 15 minutes and already had a good sized deer tick on her tonight just crawling on her arm.

I hear ya Darin, I have been pulling ticks off the dogs for over a week now, nasty buggers. My wife is more afraid of the snakes she swears are all over the property but she has not seen a one. Funny thing is she will roam all over the farm where the horses are, different motivation I think.

The wife is finally going to give up her ride for me to work on it tomorrow.

And yes she keeps saying watch out for snakes but has not seen one back there. I did have some baby Eastern Diamondbacks here last year though. She probably still remembers that.

Wife came down with Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, and babesiosis after a few tick bites. I think she might have actually preferred a snake bite...

Darin, sorry but I cannot find the receipt, and the work was done 4+ yrs ago so I have no recollection of which specific switch it was. :(

Wife came down with Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, and babesiosis after a few tick bites. I think she might have actually preferred a snake bite...

Man that is not good.

The most ticks i have had that dug in at one time was 38. That was after 3 days in the NTA on Ft Bragg. They call it the Northern Training Area but after that i called it the Northern Tick Area.

First thing i think i am going to do is go to Napa and get a set of Guages. Then hot wire the compressor.

Where to start ?

Put some freon in after i got the ac working and almost as fast as i put it in it was coming out. Have a hole in one of the hard lines that runs behind the brake booster / motor. That will be a fun line to get to.

So in the meantime i went ahead and built the rear bumper i had for it here. I got it together, just have to take it back off and weld it completely up and then figure out what color she wants it to be.

Am going to try and get the AC done next weekend. Had to order some parts for it. Going to knock out the power steering pump replace also. Had the new one now for about 3 months now.

Onto some pics of the bumper. Just spray bombed it black with some cans off the shelf so does not look too professional right now. And trying to get an idea of what color she will finally want it.
101_1927.jpg
101_1928.jpg
101_1929.jpg

Am going to try and get the AC done next weekend. Had to order some parts for it. Going to knock out the power steering pump replace also. Had the new one now for about 3 months now.

Onto some pics of the bumper. Just spray bombed it black with some cans off the shelf so does not look too professional right now. And trying to get an idea of what color she will finally want it.

dude how do you get the letters on you plate to expand and contract like that. Is that an option on the DMV website?? :grinpimp:

Ya man. When you get retired tags you can play with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom