1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got snipped! (vasectomy)

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by atoyot, Jul 2, 2005.

1. atoyot

atoyot

Not sure why I'm telling ya'll this. Figured you needed to know I guess. Found this website with good info. The picures are graphic and contain maale parts so...
    35% Warning. No pictures where taken of my procedure. But if any of you are thinking about this it's not that big of a deal. I was working on my truck two hours after the surgery!

http://www.beavercleaver.net/faq.htm

2. silvercruiser

silvercruiser

Welcome to the club! Ice, ice and more ice....even when you don't think you need it put some ice on the boys. First day I felt fine but overdid it and the next few days I was feeling a bit sore.

cheers,
    David...

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Were you dry shaved ? A friend of mine was before his .. damn he tells a funny story about the whole thing. Sound effects were priceless . :D

TY

4. atoyot

atoyot

Nope I did all my own prep. Took me a while, but I wanted to take my time on that section. But that is a different thread if I remember correctly!
    The whole event was rather comical. I ctually has a hard time keeping a staight face through the procedure. Since it was done at a training environment people where in and out of the room including up to four females in the room. With Creedance Clear Water in the background and my boys exposed to strangers I felt like I was on a late night comedy central show.

5. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Don't worry, if I know med students .. someone DID bootleg a copy, and it will find itself onto Comedy Central some nite soon .. :doh:

TY

6. Biff

Biff

:frown: my wife just had our last kid and I'm up to bat for this procedure. How did you guys find the right doctor to do it. I'm hesitant to let just any hack mess around down there. I've heard you actually see smoke coming from the area when the doctor patches you up.

7. atoyot

atoyot

It depends on how the Doctor "patches" you up. I believe they cut a piece out the tied each end then carterized the ends. Some also use clamps I believe.
    It is a fairly simple procedure and I don't think yo have to worry about finding the right doctor. It's not like brain surgery. You don't even have to be a surgeon to perform it. I was in a regular exam room. I felt slight pain when they where numbing the area. If you are not 100% sure you are ready don't do it!
    Consider it a permanent fix. Reversals are very hard to do and require a detailed surgery which may not work anyway.

8. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

I bet some folks would beg to differ!!!

:D

9. crushers

crushers post ho

when i got done the doc was great for the one side. patient, careful, gental. when he cautuired the poor bugger i guess i freaked him out. my wife was 2 doors down and heard me scream. FAWK that hurts!! the otherside he got sloppy, cut the insision too big and kind of rushed through the proceedure and when he hit the switch the second time i was ready. it didn't hurt as much this time.
    the one side was healed in no time and the other side was bruied for a week or so.
    it is still the way to go, this is nothing in comparrison to what the ladies have to go through. if you love your wife then you go for the operation, if you are a selfish bastard then send her in.
    the pain itself only hasts a few seconds. they are tender for a couple of days but you can go back to work the next day.
    use ice, keep the boys cold and numb.
    cheers
    BTW, if the doc starts to seem like he is in a hurry, tell him to slow down, it is your money, your body.

10. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not sure I'd be up working on the truck 2 hours after having the procedure. You may find you pay for it in swelling, well, like today.

11. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    so when you nut, dust like dust come out now? ......ya know its a vaild question :)

just kiddin

12. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I recall having to gingerly step up into the cruiser for a few days afterward.
    Lots of ice and keep the boys secure, so to speak. I found it most uncomfortable when they were swinging free during the first week or two after the procedure.

No big deal though.

Did you get a discount for being part of a demo :D

13. ColoradoFJ60

ColoradoFJ60

I didn't use ice. I used frozen bags of corn. They mold better. Another thing I did was use a jock strap to hold the boys up. The stitches would poke through the material in the jock strap though and that became annoying. Folded up some toilet paper to eliminate that.

I "made" mine hurt for over a week. Couch loungin' city. :D

14. Nick the Carpenter

Nick the Carpenter

sre mc cain you done it again}}}}

15. crushers

crushers post ho

frozen bags of peas worked best for me...

16. wsdavies

wsdavies

I don't know...what if I want to have a 2nd set of buggers with my 20 something trophy wife..like Larry King :p

17. albee

albee

I got mine done six weeks ago. No problems, but I can feel the hard cotterized ends in my sack. That is my only complaint. My wife is a doc and she told me after that I could have had them put a small clip on, instead of the cut and burn. I think I would have gone that route knowing what I know now. Good luck

18. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

hope they never went into a meal!

On the other note, up here in Northern BC, we had a doc screw up quite a few.

one friend I know, had to be off work for 6 weeks. he had massive swelling and severe pain. I guess doc buggered up some viens in there. But it happened to a few patients in the area as well.

I am told, while simple in nature there many vessels and gentle items in there. If they fawk up the pain can be awful. I presume like being kicked in the nuts. Gradeschool all over. :(

But time off might be fun, eh? ih8mud for hours a day.....um wait.....i do that now!

19. bull

bull

Media:
    Albums:
  20. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Uneventful for me, too. My doc is my riding buddy, so we talked about upcoming rides and such except for a few seconds for the delicate part. Ice (peas for me, too) and wore my tighter bundies for a few days. Was back pedaling the bike on the trainer a few days later (low torque, tho). No difference in the performance whatsoever. Can't even tell, though who'd notice a drop or two missing from a geyser, ya know??

DougM