Just Got My New Shoes!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
artandmayhem.com
Really wanted the toyo open country m/t's but nobody had available and with all the stories i've heard about ordering i didn't want the hassle so i went the 285/75/16 bfg's and i must say they look great!! only got 10 miles on them but the ride is good and quiet, also just got my ih8mud sticker and looks real nice!

Just wanted to say thanks for everybodys input on the past tire threads!!!

heres some pics------

What model bfg's? Man those look awesome. My 99 needs a little toughening up, these would be perfect.

Looks great!

Looks good...but fix that rear wiper will ya!

They are quiet? Or quiet for M/T's? The look sweet, but I don't know if I could handle the road noise. My 40 has M/T's and they sing. The Tundra has yokohoma all terrains i think and they are loud too.

I have a set of the BFG MTs on my mini-truck and they are much quieter than the MTRs on the 80, but the MTRs were quiet when they were new as well. Bottom line is that if the BFGs are like the GY, they will get louder after they get some miles on them.

Bob

With a little more Armorall, they'd be perfect. ;p

only had the quart size armorall will pick up the gallon size tomorrow to get that glass shine!!! LOL

you know that had to be the tire dealer!

spressomon said:
Looks good...but fix that rear wiper will ya!
checked the wiperblade thats the way it seams to sit! how does yours sit?

Your wiper arm are bent too much in the middle. The wiper should sit level with the bottom of the glass.

Mine sits like that. Anyone else?

the black 2000 sits like yours..........hanging down

the 99 LX sits level.........like I assume its suppose to.

there was a thread on this a few months ago I think, forget the cure

DMX84 said:
Mine sits like that. Anyone else?

Lift up the hinged plastic cover, at where the wiper blade pivots/rotates. There is 11mm or 12mm (sorry can't recall) nut...carefully remove this nut. Then gently pry the wiper arm/blade off...rotate...push the blade back on as far as possible...a light tap with a soft mallet does the trick here. Then put the nut back on...don't know the torque specs but take it easy on this one...if you strip it you're in for a big expensive project.

Here's the pics...
Wiper 1.jpg
Wiper2.jpg

Wow, spresso, more rust under the cover. You drive a rust bucket. :)

If you look from the side of the truck you would see the arm are bowed right at the 45 deg angle bend. I just put my thumb right on the 45 deg bend and push toward the rear window to straiten it a little bit and it sits level again. This method is easier and less risky than removing and resetting the arm.

The arm got bowed usually due to using the rear wiper to clear frost/heavy snow buildup. There is no way the truck left factory with missinstalled rear wiper.

careful with adjusting these things, probably is a fine spline shaft on these... if so, you don't want to rotate it forcefully without full removal first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom