Just got my first 80 and did my first mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bluedog

SILVER Star
Threads
Here she is. A 1995 FZJ80 with 100,045 miles. Fear not, I will be losing the running boards and getting new wheels and tires any day.
FZJ80003Small.jpg

My first mode was to remove the third row seats and seat belts. To finish up the bolt hole in the pillar where the belt attached to. I found these at the local HD.
FZJ80005Small.jpg

I then removed the stud and re tapped the hole to match the insert in the truck. I then found a bolt cut off the head and threaded it into the anchor then in to the pillar.
FZJ80007Small.jpg

I am very happy with my simple mod. It will actually have some purpose along with "finishing" up the pillar.

B

that's a beaut!
save those wheels, I want em!

didn't know 95's came in that color.

that's a beaut!
save those wheels, I want em!

didn't know 95's came in that color.

PM me.

I don't kow the going rate but make me a fair offer. I ship UPS from my shop so I can figure that out.

FYI the tires are junk and the wheels do have some breauty marks.

B.

Fear not, I will be losing the running boards and getting new wheels and tires any day.

Is it just me, or do those look like LX450 and/or AE wheels? They look two tone :confused:

By all means, when you pull those off put 'em up on MUD for sale (Pablo looks like he wants them). A lot of folks like to have two sets or more for summer/winter/off road tire combos :D

Nice mod, but do I understand you correctly in that you changed the seat belt mounting threading? So you won't ever be able to put the rear seat belts back in?

I don't think so...LX-450 wheels have the stripe running down the 5 spokes...at least that is how mine are...

Is it just me, or do those look like LX450 and/or AE wheels? They look two tone :confused:

By all means, when you pull those off put 'em up on MUD for sale (Pablo looks like he wants them). A lot of folks like to have two sets or more for summer/winter/off road tire combos :D

Nice mod, but do I understand you correctly in that you changed the seat belt mounting threading? So you won't ever be able to put the rear seat belts back in?

I like the new mounts...I got rid of my 3rd row seats immediately as well. Just don't destroy the seatbelts like I did and maybe somebody will buy them from you.

Oh Yeah...Welcome :flipoff2:

I don't think so...LX-450 wheels have the stripe running down the 5 spokes...at least that is how mine are...

:doh:

You know what, I don't think I ever paid attention to anything other than the two tone! Now I gotta go look :D

Tells you how observant I am...NOT

I changed the threading in the loop, luckally I was able to find a bolt to fit the car.

I changed the threading in the loop, luckally I was able to find a bolt to fit the car.

Very nice! I would consider this myself but I need the 3rd row seats on a semi-regular basis. However, should I choose to do something similar down the road it is nice to know that it is reversible! Now that I reread your original thread I can see where you stated what you did :)

Bluedog,

Nice!

Is your interior blue/gray or tan/oak?

If it's the former, are you keeping them or would you be willing to let them go?:D

Mot:)

Bluedog,

Nice!

Is your interior blue/gray or tan/oak?

If it's the former, are you keeping them or would you be willing to let them go?:D

Mot:)

Blue/Grey. They look almost new.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom