Just got my 300k+ SILVER 100 Series, how to improve the look?

3D2E256A-3528-4CBA-9EA9-B52B5D1F0095.jpeg

Just got this bad boy. Over 300k and still running strong. What can I do to make this look better?

The silver/greys/beige is a little too much for me. Just want to make this truck look a little more snappy.

I was thinking of painting the trim black, maybe painting rims black or swapping them out for something else, and then removing the running boards.

Maybe paint the grille black too.

Anyone have a silver 100 series that they’ve done some paint modifying and it turned out nicely?

UltraFJ40

ที่นี่และมี
SILVER Star

View attachment 2184266
Just got this bad boy. Over 300k and still running strong. What can I do to make this look better?

The silver/greys/beige is a little too much for me. Just want to make this truck look a little more snappy.

I was thinking of painting the trim black, maybe painting rims black or swapping them out for something else, and then removing the running boards.

Maybe paint the grille black too.

Anyone have a silver 100 series that they’ve done some paint modifying and it turned out nicely?
I would go with an OME lift, ARB front bumper and a swing out rear bumper.

jfz80

Spicy
SILVER Star

Congratulations on the purchase

Opinions vary greatly and depends on your idea of snappy and your needs and intended use. But I agree, ditch the running boards, add a small lift and a front bumper. Will really set it apart perhaps try plasty dip on the trim so it’s reversible if you change your mind. Or color match the bumper to the current trim color.

Or go all in with a color change or at least a front grill and headlight insert from @kelly saad

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Ditch the running boards for sliders.

+1 to @UltraFJ40 ’s recco’s - that should add the right amount of ‘snappy’ to it, and Prius people try not to back into armor bumpers (had the footage to prove it, my Tundra > her expensive looking taillight :p )

It was the new ‘zig-zag’ taillight - whichever model that is real recent to.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ

Isn't there an "Angry Eyes" kit for it you can get at 4WD warehouse? You know, the one with the purple ring around the headlights? I know that all the snappy looking jeeps around here have them...

This is not going to end well.

Poor nu guy.🙉
Well, as the home to brick lifts, Soloflex bumpers, and innumerable other abominations, Chit-Chat is hardly the place to seek advice, aesthetic or otherwise.

To the OP @400kcruiser , head over to the 100 section, where you will find people that would love to help you and probably 1000 threads on how to improve your rig's appearance: 100-Series Cruisers

Top Bottom