Just got an HZJ73...bumper options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know if the ARB "commercial" bull bar is available for a 1990 HZJ73?
I could be wrong but it appears a tad bit more robust than the deluxe bar.
Also considering side rails if they're an option for same.

Thank you

Does anyone know if the ARB "commercial" bull bar is available for a 1990 HZJ73?
I could be wrong but it appears a tad bit more robust than the deluxe bar.
Also considering side rails if they're an option for same.

Thank you

As far as I know, the commercial is designed to fit the upright winches. 8274 etc., not sure if that still holds true....alo old forum topics are: apparently the welds aren't ground as nicely and on 80 series, it didn't go to flare width. However, that was a little while ago so it could just be that it's for the upright only.

@Hulsty I believe has/had an ARB bull bar from an HDJ79 on hit BJ74, no issues at all.

@cruiseroutfit would know the answer to your questions.

on ARB's website, it appears to be:
ARB commercial bull bars and winch bars are a cost effective alternative to deluxe bull bars, offering a comparable level of vehicle protection.

Incorporating many of the strength related features of a deluxe bull bar, commercial bars provide considerable frontal protection but achieve cost savings through a simplified manufacturing process.

Commercial bars are frequently specified by government and fleet operators – organisations that demand strong and functional equipment but are willing to go without some of the aesthetic characteristics.

My Australia spec BJ74 has a factory option ARB front bumper on it from new, which apparently was/is an option is Australia. Mine is designed to fit an 8274 winch and is different than other ARB Deluxe bumpers I've had, but not a whole lot different.

We have a Coastal Offroad rear bumper to weld up on the 73 once we get done with the Troopy and 79. I think their stuff is really clean looking. Easy to do business with, nice to be able to save some money if you can weld it yourself and the shipping is cheap too. I don't really want a tire carrier or Jerry can carrier on the bumper for the 73 so this fits the bill perfectly. They do have options for that stuff if you want to add it.

View attachment 2265432

View attachment 2265430

Thanks, they make a kit for the 73 ? does it still have the protection hoops as an option due to the shorter length?

@FJBen nailed it on the ARB bumper. We have been able to order them historically but they don't show any availability at the moment. Could likely be ordered. We have the standard model in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters.

I have had both the ARB commercial bulbar and the deluxe recently due to a insurance mistake. I can absolutely say that the duluxe bulbar is built better than the commercial one.

Commercial one:
20190921_124734.jpg

This bar has no antenna mounts. I also doubt that the tabs for the spotlights are strong enough. Also the spotlights I'm running (fyrlyt nemesis 9000) didn't fit on the tabs because they hit both the top and bottom hoop. These lights are not massive in size.

The duluxe:
20190928_123917.jpg
20200127_201156.jpg

The spotlight tabs on this bar are in a far better location for mounting spotlights. The tabs are much more stout. Also comes with 2 antenna tabs, one on either side... presumably to suit both RHD and LHD. This bar comes standard to accept a planetary winch but a kit can be ordered from ARB to make this bar accept a high mount winch such as the Warn 8724. These are just my observations. Cheers

Yeah I don’t have antennae mounts on mine, I wondered if that was just because of the age of my ARB, or design...could be both given the age.
however my light mount tabs are really stout. I have 7” Narva lights and a small bracket to mount those and I really have to crank down to get them to hold position and they is no flex at all.

I imagine with a lot of things, they dont build them like they used to.
I also don’t have the hi-lift mounts on my bumper either? Not sure when they added those

Do you guys have 79/78/76 ARBs in stock? I assume it's a special order item but figured I'd ask.

What year? With fender flares or without? The standard 7x bar that we do stock fits the 85-07 HD Land Cruiser *J70/71/73/74/75/78/79. Assuming since you mentioned the 76 you're looking for the 07+ wide body bumper. We don't stock those yet (there are 7 variants fwiw) but the two most common are the Winchbars and are available for flare and non-flare models and we can have in the shop or anywhere in the US in just a few days. Let us know.

What year? With fender flares or without? The standard 7x bar that we do stock fits the 85-07 HD Land Cruiser *J70/71/73/74/75/78/79. Assuming since you mentioned the 76 you're looking for the 07+ wide body bumper. We don't stock those yet (there are 7 variants fwiw) but the two most common are the Winchbars and are available for flare and non-flare models and we can have in the shop or anywhere in the US in just a few days. Let us know.

Mostly looking at a Summit ARB for '07+ wide front with flares. The mounting is going to be modified anyways to fit the 80 frame.
I'll get in touch for a special order when I'm ready. Thanks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but in looking into ARB bumper for a BJ73 I am coming up with not a ton still out there. I did notice that the Jeep XJ (Cherokee) is about 1.5" difference in the overall width and the bumper itself appears to be very similar. Has anyone modified one to fit, or maybe found a way to order just the BJ73 frame mounting brackets since I have a hunch the bumper itself is the same if not similar.

I'm digging that CO rear bumper too. I'm still a little confused how that's setup though. I get the idea of a single swing-out action for bumper and door. But does this require welding the rear door sections together and eliminating hinges on one side? Or are the doors bolted to brackets on the bumper or the tire/gas carriers? Also, are you able to put the FRP back on for colder weather? I'm in Vermont, so I have a scant 3-4 months of open top driving opportunity ;). As for the front bumper, I can appreciate the robust factor of the ARB. I have the ARB setup on an 80 Series as well. I haven't hit a deer (yet) but I've smacked a tree pretty good negotiating a tough section of trail (not very well) and I can't even tell where it hit. But with my 73, I don't see driving 70mph very often if ever and I like the stripped down look of the standard bumper. But I need something stronger than stock and I'm looking for something that will accommodate the Warn 8274.

Nice rigs gang! Love the 73!
I have the 8274 on a ARB front bumper. Doesnt look dated at all...

Bumping an older thread. I'm treating myself this week and ordering a bumper. After a year of looking for a used one I am giving up and buying new. Just wanted to confirm those that have the ARB deluxe, it can fit an 8274 up right without modification? I read somewhere it has a kit you have to order for that. I would like to run an 8274 in it and the price difference between the two is $164 (deluxe being more). The commercial looks fine for what I am after, just not sure which one I like more. The deluxe is around 130lbs and the commercial 110lbs so not a huge difference there either.

Fwiw the commercial is rare in the US (non in stock at any warehouse and back-ordered). We've brought them in over the years but the fit/finish of the Deluxe is far preferred so we've only stocked those in the recent years. We do have the Deluxe bull bar in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters and can ship as soon as today (Part# ARB 3412130). It accepts the standard low mount and high mount 8274 models without any additional parts. There is a fit kit for the 85-90 models but it's a couple of bolts, not related to the winch. Give us a ring if you'd like to get one headed your way: 801-563-1277

Fwiw the commercial is rare in the US (non in stock at any warehouse and back-ordered). We've brought them in over the years but the fit/finish of the Deluxe is far preferred so we've only stocked those in the recent years. We do have the Deluxe bull bar in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters and can ship as soon as today (Part# ARB 3412130). It accepts the standard low mount and high mount 8274 models without any additional parts. There is a fit kit for the 85-90 models but it's a couple of bolts, not related to the winch. Give us a ring if you'd like to get one headed your way: 801-563-1277
Hi, are there any instructions for the fit kit pre 90 models.
Can it be fitted without it?
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom