Just got a Land Cruiser 83 FJ 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick intro to everyone,

I have just acquired an 83 FJ60. And since my track record with playing (and destroying vehicles) is quiet extensive, I thought I should sign in here to get acquainted with some people who could lend some info if (when) I break it.
Some background info: I purchased the Land Cruiser and a half on ebay. It came with about half of a cruiser in parts (pretty much as many as you can fit in the back of one, and then a few strapped to the roof rack) I had been shopping for one of the following, 4 runner, Cherokee, Land rover and such as a replacement for the CJ-5 I have been driving for the last 8 years (fun vehicle, I can not think of a part I did not break, some more than once or twice it sure if fun when you watch your rear tire and axle shaft rolls passed your after a loud bang) So far puchasing the LC is turning out to be the smartest (lucky too) thing I have done in a long time. It has almost 300K miles, rebuilt engine and trans. I do need to ask advice in finding a header and radiator for it because I think those 2 are in the last stage of their service life. I am going too try preventative maintainance on this vehicle for a change. This is the first of many posts because I tend to do things the hard way (the really hard way)

For the radiator, look in the vendor section for C-Dan. He is our resident toyota parts guy.

As for headers, do a quick search. That should give you some answers.

Congrats on the purchase!

Congrats on the purchase and on finding this board.

Mark is right about searching for headers... there are many threads on this board about your various header options (from man-a-fre, SOR, and other suppliers...)

But for radiators, everyone seems to either go OEM (through C-Dan, but still pricey) or with a Performance radiator (which should be fairly cheap -- under 200 bucks). Folks on a tight budget have had good luck with the Performance stuff... and they regularly advertise in Toyota Trails (the LC-club magazine).

Have fun and congrats again!
jason

Congrats and welcome.

FWIW, I've got the Man-a-Fre header and have been happy with it thus far.

Congrats! Good choice, C-Dan is awesome, give him your buisness really takes care of the cruiser guys. I have the man-a-fre ceramic headers and like them alot I have not had any issues with them, they are one of the best quality headers I have seen or used. Give steve over there a call good guy, he will answer any questions you have. the topic search in the forum is full of info.

Good luck

Yetiman.

have you tried a local radiator shop to have yours worked on? best thing i did for mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom