Just got a 79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

ive been reading and this is great! So fun! I just got a 79 and someone from this forum already helped me with a tail gate question. I’m curious what people are using for lifts and what it takes to get 33” preferably 35” on this old girl?

thanks

37E2D4A7-DD63-4036-952E-EB4DD40C13AA.jpeg

And lose the rowl tires... I kinda swoon when I see them.... 79, best year EVER! Edit: RWL.... Maybe worse?

Congrats; fine looking swine. x2 on more pics and on turning the tires around. :D

I am running 33s on OME springs. I don't have before or after measurements but I'm guessing you get 2+ inches out of the set up. Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters can hook you up with a set. They are not plug and play unfortunately though. You have to move your rear spring hangers a couple of inches.

Call up Cruiser Outfitters and get their Old Man Emu kit, but you do have to move the rear spring hanger for the rear springs

Or call up Alcan spring and get them to make some springs that will work with the factory mounting locations.

Last i checked the springs themselves were about the same price.....OME vs Alcan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom