Just got a 2000 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, my second post here.

I just purchased a 2000 LC with 233k Miles. The Tb/water pump were done around 165k. I wanted to do a few things right away so I was going to do the fluids
Oil change, front and rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, grease the drive shafts, heater t's and the transmission fluid change. I think that should be good as of now. I had a question is it better to do a transmission flush or a complete drain then refill? Also the lower hose where the heater t connects looks like its leaking slightly should I replace the hoses as well or just needs a better connection where the clip connects?
Thanks all

Hello, I got 2000 LX with 233k as well, and went through the same set of maintenance items plus tb/wp, radiator, bunch of bushings and lot of itty bitty broken stuff. If you search through, you'll find great threads on transmission service. I went with flush because of lack of service history and I was able to find good priced box of t-4 fluid on ebay. It was pretty easy. Basically remove the bottom hose from trans cooler that is mounted in front of radiator and connect drain hose from cooler outlet to drain pan. Start the engine and catch the dirty fluid while filling up from dipstick tube until you go through 10 qts or so( leave some to adjust level) . Put back together and top off fluid. Many people here replace hoses with heater T as well but hoses on my truck looked ok, so I only replaced T's which disintegrated as they came out. If the hose is stiff or swelling, replace it with new clamps. Good luck and have fun!

I would do a complete trans flush at those miles, Search youtube for the method using the cooler line hoses to get the fluid in/out. I think you need 12-16 qts to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom