just getting started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm one year into owning my first fj cruiser. Havent really done any mods yet because I've been pouring l my expendable income into a 67 fj40. Anyway after checking out this section of the forums , I'm ready to start work on the cruiser. First things first, LIFT, . I'm running 255 bfg mts right now . I would like to get into the 32\33 size range. I'm not agianst levelling kits for tire clearance but would rather have 2-3 inches of overall lift. I'm searching for a solid product that will give me the height without spending 1200+ . I'm working more in the 500- range . Any suggestions? I have alot of addons in mind but as I said "just getting started" I don't do any serious off roading right now but am interested. Most off road action is hunting related here in Indiana. Any input here would be appreciated. Also Kuhmo tires.... Any thoughts.

if you are not going to wheel it much or hard you dont need a lift . if you are wanting the lift to sit up higher and make your ride better go for it. the best lift in my opinion is the OME i have 4 cruisers and all of them have it. the ride is much better than stock. if you are planning on a front bumper get the heavy lift. its a little more firm but when you are loaded it rides and handles nice.

you can fit 33s without a lift, but X2 on the OME if you are lookin for a cheep lift

They look like good kits and the web instructions made it look pretty simple. I had previously been looking at a Rev Tech lift that didn't include new springs but spacers instead.. What are the cons of kits that include spacers instead of springs. Pro... looks like the price.

the spacer is not a lift. it is in apperance but doesnt compare ride quality with a lifted vehicle.

I've had a 3" rough country lift for a couple years now-no problems and in your price range

if you plan on takin the FJ offroad at all stay away from the spacer lifts, OME or Toytec are a good ECONO lift

I had a Revtek lift on my FJ when I purchased it... It gave it a lift look, but truely cr@p off road. I have been HAPPY with my OME's. The ride is not "squishy" any longer and I don't lean (feel like tipping) when cornering at speed... I asked the same question a few months ago and happy since. As a post note on the Revtek's I replaced, they had about 35K miles on them and both rear shocks were leaking. The front spacers were quite rusted.

In will be removing my OME front suspension in the near future and will be willing to part with it if you're interested. I'm currently running the OME 885s, they have around 7000 miles on them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom