Just curious, what's your OTHER vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1995 Defender 90 300Tdi
5E4B5FA3-BF6A-4204-9370-F84294E2CD59.jpeg

Those LX570 wheels look great on the tundra. Really nice ratio of metal to meat. Have you thought about putting the Toyota sombrero on the center caps? It appears to be a fairly easy switch with some gorilla glue.
The Toyota caps from my Platinum Tundra rims and toyota caps from 100 series rims does not fit

I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon ... Its going to be the summer beater while build the 2019 LC ... Not sure why people pay so much for Jeeps , it looks nice and do like the 6 speed manual , they just seem cheap for the Prices they bring .
0882CBC1-C284-4A99-B202-32CFD4C85459.png

Nice. Only thing better than one MKIV is two. Post up some pics please. Also remember your site from back in the day for useful tech. Great people for sure. There’s about 50 around the greater Denver area that still get together on occasion.
Not the best pic but representative. 1994 T 6sp 600hp/500tq @ 18 PSI - a few mods of course and dedicated track car. She is for sale if ya want it. 1998 is a garage queen and currently has sleeved block on stand next to it (for like a few too many years). Building new shop now.

MVIMG_20190217_160416.jpg

Guys, I've got a problem. I just bought another other car. @JToobe , glad you didn't join the bidding war!

1618527159511.png

Added the RS to the other cars in the garage. Kids still say that mommy’s Land Cruiser is the coolest car in the household :D

View attachment 2646842
That’s because none of your other cars have back doors for them to get in! 😂 Beautiful collection.

Nearly 15 years, but we're once again a 2 car family. Wife got a "beater" for city use and teaching our oldest to drive.

Personally I would've preferred a JCW or at least an "S" model with a manual, but the 3 cyl turbo with a slushbox actually isn't bad if I leave the transmission in "S" mode

Nearly 15 years, but we're once again a 2 car family. Wife got a "beater" for city use and teaching our oldest to drive.

Personally I would've preferred a JCW or at least an "S" model with a manual, but the 3 cyl turbo with a slushbox actually isn't bad if I leave the transmission in "S" mode

How was that experience?

How was that experience?
A few hiccups but overall it beat sitting in a dealership for 6 hours haggling over the last ~$500 in savings.
  • Carvana couldn't link my payment bank account to their system online so I had to call. I think it's related to my account using a 6 digit SecurID with the password. Took about 20 minutes to get a 3 way call going with my bank.
  • I had to call to have both our names on the title. Not a huge deal, just ~15 minutes on the phone. Not sure why they can't do this online
  • Delivery was delayed twice. Not sure why the first time (2 days) but when I called the second time they said the transport had broken down so they hadn't received it locally yet
  • Driver called me about a half hour before my final arrival time to say a tire had a nail in it, so he took it to Just Tires to have it repaired before delivering it. I'd call this a win
  • Windshield had a star crack in it upon delivery. I pointed it out to the driver and he initiated the repair request for me. I got a text the next day saying Safelite would be out in ~9 days to repair it at our house.
It was a bit weird not to test drive first, but the 7 day return policy seems helpful there I suppose.

Overall it was good. Big plus was that my wife really wanted it in british racing green, which is fairly hard to find (i.e. Carvana, Carmax nationally, and Cars.com within 150 miles of Chicago combined had maybe 10 available).

2019 BMW i3 BEV - real hot hatch and this thing is way more fun to drive than it looks; bought for commuting to the city, now w/covid pretty idle, but great for grocery shopping, etc.

@unclemat, how would you rate the i3 BEV as a Boston year round commuter - have you put snow tires on it to cope with the slush?

My stable:
2021 LC 200 Heritage (bought just to keep the miles off the FZJ80)
2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (school bus)
2017 VW GTI SE manual (daily driver, regret having sold during Covid lockdown)
2003 Honda S2000 AP1 (summer)
1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary (garage queen)

@unclemat, how would you rate the i3 BEV as a Boston year round commuter - have you put snow tires on it to cope with the slush?

My stable:
2021 LC 200 Heritage (bought just to keep the miles off the FZJ80)
2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (school bus)
2017 VW GTI SE manual (daily driver, regret having sold during Covid lockdown)
2003 Honda S2000 AP1 (summer)
1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary (garage queen)
I can't speak for the i3, but my Model S was great in the winter in Maine... and the rear-facing third row makes it a fantastic kid hauler.

Really nice stable! Mine is:
  • 2021 LC 200 Heritage (wife's daily)
  • 2005 LC 100, built out (adventure wagon)
  • 2015 Tesla Model S (daily)
  • 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS manual
  • 2006 Saab 9-3 Convertible (~40k miles, showroom condition, Maine summer car)
  • 2011 BMW 335i Convertible (Texas good-weather car)
  • 2006 Tundra (dump hauler)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom