Just completed Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
mysite.verizon.net
I'm psyched, with my wife getting her MBA, I finally have some time to get some projects done on the cruiser. I just finished making and installing my center console that has been sitting on a shelf half finished for over a year.
Thought I would send the pictures. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
There are a couple of things that I still want to do to dress it up a bit more, but those just went to the bottom of the list. anyway, let me know what you think.
Now if I could just convince my wife that she needs to get her doctorate when she is done !!!!

Here is the link to the pictures
http://www.ba-outfitters.com/Center-Console.htm

Bill Atkinson
'76 FJ-40
New this winter
Center Console, York, New Gauge Plate, new spare tire carrier
Soon to come
Dual batteries, power inverter, rock sliders, new skid plate

that's really cool.

i hurt for your funny bone already.

are you going to grind down those bolts on the rear hinge? Also I noticed that you have the hinge on the inside of the front cover but on the locking lid you have the hinge on the out side. Not to be a dick but having the bolt heads available kind of defeat the purpose of having a locking box?

Hinge attachments

Nick,
That is a good point, and actually one of the things I am still debating about.
For now I am happy with it as is.

Although, kind of like locking your door at home, it only keeps the lazy crooks away. If someone really wants to get in, they will just break a window.
In this case it is actually harder, and more time consuming to remove the three bolts holding the hinge on without being able to hold the nuts on the back side than it is to remove the four seat bolts that hold the whole assembly in. Either way requires only one tool. Screwdriver, Wrench, or a crowbar (The latch is plastic.)

Now you have me curious to see how Tuffy does theres.

Bill

Bill,
Just double-nut on inside. ;) Then they will be turning from outside all day long... or until you get back :cheers:

Lloyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom