Just bought on ebay: 1964 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought you all might want to see what I just snagged on ebay today!
It's an Ohio truck, so it's rust-ridden for sure, but I have some plans...

s-l1600 (1).jpg

For those of you who don't know, I already have a 1965 FJ40 FST (late-1964 VIN) as my daily driver in LA, of which I've been doing a sympathetic restoration over the last few years. It's amazing how quickly you can go from having one project to 2 in a manner of hours! haha

Here's my daily driver:
IMG_5669.JPG

Thought you all might want to see what I just snagged on ebay today!
It's an Ohio truck, so it's rust-ridden for sure, but I have some plans...

View attachment 1346820

For those of you who don't know, I already have a 1965 FJ40 FST (late-1964 VIN) as my daily driver in LA, of which I've been doing a sympathetic restoration over the last few years. It's amazing how quickly you can go from having one project to 2 in a manner of hours! haha

Here's my daily driver:
View attachment 1346824

Lots of goodies in your new purchase that can be transfer over to your daly driver to make it all stock and period correct. Congratulations. If you decide to part it out then I am keen on few things such as windshield rearview mirror, windshield vent flap, wiper motors & arms etc.

Thought you all might want to see what I just snagged on ebay today !
It's amazing how quickly you can go from having one project to 2 in a manner of hours! haha/QUOTE]

You're on the right track Seth , keep going !!

:cheers:

MVS. Multiple Vehicle Syndrome. Welcome to the club.

MVS. Multiple Vehicle Syndrome. Welcome to the club.

^^^^ Including just my complete, running Toyota 4WD vehicles I'm up to five - the newest is my '93 4-Runner. Plus another two 4WD Silverados and my wife's Malibu DD. As long as each serves a different purpose, there's nothing wrong with MVS :).

Now, if only I could figure out a place to store them...

My solution is to own a couple of properties - my "spare" 3/4-acre lot with double-wide and 28' X 32' garage/workshop helps in housing "the fleet".

Yes. MVS. A bad case, for sure. I swore off the 40. Sold out. Moved on. Then I relapsed. :)

nice. can't wait to see what you do to it.

My solution is to own a couple of properties - my "spare" 3/4-acre lot with double-wide and 28' X 32' garage/workshop helps in housing "the fleet".

Those "spare" acres are mildly hard to come by in the bustling metropolis of LA... maybe a whole move is in order to support my MVS??

I got a half acre in the SFV. Had seven trucks in the back within a year of moving in. Some kids have teeter totters. Mine had rollcages to swing from.

Those "spare" acres are mildly hard to come by in the bustling metropolis of LA... maybe a whole move is in order to support my MVS??

Southern Nevada - in Clark County, but not in the portion of the county where smog is required (two valleys over, so not in an air quality attainment zone). Out where I have to occasionally remind @Mace to "Keep your hands off our water!".

Had a great time driving across the country to fetch this one! It's in LA, and I've been debating what I want to do with it... Any ideas, gentlemen?

Hi Seth, sorry I did not get a chance to meet you when you came such a long way to get the 40. I told Jesse when you arrived to tell you I had changed my mind and wanted to keep her. Just couldn't mess with you like that. When we found that truck we had six Land Cruisers in our stable. I went to Wyoming to pick up a project truck and the rest were within 300 miles of home. This one just had to be rescued, it was too complete and just felt like it wanted to survive as a running vehicle, not a part of many other trucks. The 73 F motor that is in it is rumored to have 53K on it, it was a victim of a v8 swap and I went up to Cleveland to get it thinking it was a 2F. It is supposed to be a good runner and all the parts less breather are there. We put it in thinking that it would entice the new owner to get her running and drive it. The motor is not period correct but should be a good improvement in power. If you are looking for suggestions for your new 40, change the fluids, get the brakes working and everything hooked up, baseline it and drive drive drive....btw the cure for MVS is to realize that two is good, three is better, but four is the max if you want to get them all running and stopping, for us at least.

Hi Seth, sorry I did not get a chance to meet you when you came such a long way to get the 40. I told Jesse when you arrived to tell you I had changed my mind and wanted to keep her. Just couldn't mess with you like that. When we found that truck we had six Land Cruisers in our stable. I went to Wyoming to pick up a project truck and the rest were within 300 miles of home. This one just had to be rescued, it was too complete and just felt like it wanted to survive as a running vehicle, not a part of many other trucks. The 73 F motor that is in it is rumored to have 53K on it, it was a victim of a v8 swap and I went up to Cleveland to get it thinking it was a 2F. It is supposed to be a good runner and all the parts less breather are there. We put it in thinking that it would entice the new owner to get her running and drive it. The motor is not period correct but should be a good improvement in power. If you are looking for suggestions for your new 40, change the fluids, get the brakes working and everything hooked up, baseline it and drive drive drive....btw the cure for MVS is to realize that two is good, three is better, but four is the max if you want to get them all running and stopping, for us at least.

You are an awesome PO, would be nice if every new buyer get to know the veihicle the way you described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom