Builds Just bought my 1st BJ42... never restored anything before, this should be interesting. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are a few “how to” test compressor cfm’s on youtube. Hopefully you can see the thing run and double check cfm.

Having an Oxygen/Acetylene torch will come in handy. Kevin Caron has some good oxy torch pointers on youtube. You’ll want to heat every bolt you remove to glowing red in order to break the rust bond. A huge time eater can be snapped bolts, so take your time and work the bolts back and forth. If you don’t have metric taps, you’ll need some. Left handed drill bits are great for removing broken bolts. Be carefull using bolt extractors, they are hardened, thus brittle and snap easy.

Sounds like you will soon have the ability to run air tools. As you probably know, a moisture removal system is a must with air tools. An air grinder will be easier to grip and less weight than electric. If you do buy an electric angle grinder, try to find the slimest grip possible. A thicker grip grinder is more challenging to hold on to. Not talking about the handle(I removed mine), but the body of the grinder(motor housing) itself.

One of my favorite shop tools is a dremel. They have a flexible wand attachment that is very handy. The pink chainsaw sharpeng stone is tough and very handy, EZ lock cutting discs (two thumbs up), EZ lock “coarse”buffs, flap wheel, and wire brush.

Not sure if you’ll need a spot weld cutter, but if you do you’ll be glad you have one.

My first 40 came to me fully disassebled, bare tub, rolling chassis. Boxes upon boxes of parts. Thankfully the PO labeled all the small stuff. I highly recommend taking a bit of time to do that. As you unhook the harness label what goes where.
:cheers:
Great information!

I am one happy girl!

AE070EE0-68CD-4322-B1C0-5B8576A28EEF.jpeg

You not f'n around... :)

So, you know how you sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you start working on something only to find that it led you to another problem that you have to fix...and so on?
Or in this case, you buy a tool that you realize you have to buy another tool just to offload it.
I wanted a cherry picker anyway so I guess now is as good a time as ever.

Before anyone freaks out about the way it’s mounted... That thing is on there and it ain’t going nowhere.
The border guards were determined to move it so they could keep me from crossing into the US with it but found it was totally secure.

11BE8155-CF99-401D-8AB9-4530015803E4.jpeg

So, you know how you sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you start working on something only to find that it led you to another problem that you have to fix...and so on?

Hence, Ryan’s (@rkymtnflyfisher) “Accidental Frameoff”.

You must have had those other straps snugged up when you came across. ;)

Hence, Ryan’s (@rkymtnflyfisher) “Accidental Frameoff”.

You must have had those other straps snugged up when you came across. ;)
Yeah I’ve been reading that thread.

That compressor was a nightmare to load even with a cherry picker. My husband had the bright idea to use a car hauler as we needed to rent one anyway to transport a vehicle. “Kill two birds with one stone” he said.. that might be his famous last words.
My compressor had better not pay the price for this little idea.

I checked out that microblading thing as I had never heard of it before.
Wow... pretty cool tech. Looks like it takes a very steady hand.
And it's nice that you are actually helping some folks with cosmetic issues they may have as well as the vanity side of things which isn't a bad thing if you ask me.
And the $$ does look pretty damn good...
More cruiser fundage!

I checked out that microblading thing as I had never heard of it before.
Wow... pretty cool tech. Looks like it takes a very steady hand.
And it's nice that you are actually helping some folks with cosmetic issues they may have as well as the vanity side of things which isn't a bad thing if you ask me.
And the $$ does look pretty damn good...
More cruiser fundage!
Yeah I actually do pro bono work for those who suffer from alopecia and trichotillomania or any other hairloss condition that one might suffer from.
I’ve actually done several men too.

And the money definitely helps support my addictions. Tools, guns and now my cruisers.
I’m looking for some help if anyone is needing some extra work ;)
Raisingthebrow.com

A guy I worked with many years ago stood in the same spot winching and just as the cable barely started to tighten up it came loose and caught him across his face. So fortunately for him there wasnt a ton of energy in the cable and he got to live but he had a crazy scar to remind him of it. Since then I don't winch outside of my vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom