just bought a 87 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What repair manuals do you guys recommend for a FJ 60?
Thanks.

The are a number of FSM (factory service manuals) available. These are by far the best repair manuals. I believe you can get them as pdfs. Do a search and you should be find where you can download them.

Okay, I'll search them out. Thanks.

Congrats,
You now own the last of the carburated, manual choke, manual tranny FJ Toyota built. A piece of true automotive history.

I have been driving mine since it was bought new in 1987 and it has never let me down. It alwaus starts even at 35 below zero!

I do not know where you live but if you have snow and ice on your roads you will find this FJ to be ideally suited to winter conditions. It seems to be very well balanced (weight distribution) even with that heavy I6 up front. I often am in two wheel drive while American 4X4s locked up in 4 WD are spinning out of control.

Have some fun with it!

Toyota factory manuals (downloadable PDFs) are available on this site if you search for them. I've found my chiltons manual at least 95% useless, so I would go straight to the source. You can also keep an eye on ebay if you prefer the hard copy FSM. There aren't a ton of them out there, but they do pop up from time to time.

Thanks - I very excited. It needs some work the body and interior are almost pristine. It has a small amt of rust in 2 places and the driver's seat has a tear.
The engine needs some of the vac. lines replaced, the hood latch isn't working, and a few items like that. I hope I can get it going soon.
I know I'll have a lot of questions.

I found the pdf files on this site. Wow, what a great resource.

I'm in GA, near UGA so we don't get a lot of snow normally. I'm glad I made a good choice in vehicles.

What are your plans for the rig? by the way, i am a new LC owner too, a few months in, and its way better than i thought. enjoy.

photos of my 60

I should have included photos earlier. Here you go:
87 Toyota LandCruiser Back.jpg
87 Toyota LandCruiser Front.jpg
87 Toyota LandCruiser Rear.jpg

interior photos

Here's the interior.
87 Toyota LandCruiser INT 1.jpg
87 Toyota LandCruiser INT 2.jpg
87 Toyota LandCruiser INT 3.jpg

last of the photos

Here's the rest of 'em.
Copy of 87 Toyota LandCruiser INT 4.jpg
87 Toyota LandCruiser INT 5.jpg

Looks great! I just bought a red 83 fj60. Wish I had the grey interior. Mine is tan/brown. This 60 you bought looks very nice. how much did you pay if you dont mind sharing. miles, condition, mods, ....

Congrats! Welcome! Very clean. Your gonna love it!

Looks great! I just bought a red 83 fj60. Wish I had the grey interior. Mine is tan/brown. This 60 you bought looks very nice. how much did you pay if you dont mind sharing. miles, condition, mods, ....
It's pretty much stock, except for the radio. I don't remember how many miles it has (I'm Athens GA right now and the 60 is in Zebulon). I paid $2500 for it. I'm sure I'll put some more into it to get it running just right. I'm developing a "build list" for it. I did the same for my 75 Bronco. A list helps me keep focused. I guess the challenge is not going "wild" with it. I want it to go where I point it without making it look "trashy". Of course I've looked at all of the photos on the thread of other's 60 & 62 and I haven't seen anything "trashy". I'll definitely put a dual band ham radio in it; maybe HF too. You can't beat ham radio as a form of communication.
I'll keep everyone posted.

the 60 was delivered ...

The fun begins this weekend. It's at my Dad's house since the PO was in Griffin. I'll start working on it this weekend when I go down.
I know I'll have questions; I know it'll be awhile before I can offer anything "new" for the forum. Most of what I want to do has been done by many others. So, I'll contribute as often as I can.
I keep everyone posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom