Just bought 1st FZJ80, any suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I just purchased a new (to me) one owner 1995 FZJ80!! Black, all options including F/R Lockers, 140k!! I'm so excited but I have to wait a while until it's shipped to me (900 miles)

This is my dream trail/camping rig (actually wanted 93-94 because I like the look of the steering setup better)

I'm thinking of a small lift (I would like 35" tires). I'm not going to do any really harsh wheeling(severe rock crawling), but some of the forest service roads around here are pretty challenging so I may have to do some slight modifications to it.

I'd like to make sure there's a good amount of approach/departure angle and as close to 12" of ground clearance as I can get.

For those of you that are from the Fraser Valley area of British Columbia, I need to make it up to Sunrise Lake without too much trouble. Let me know your ideas...

I can't wait!!

Last edited:
Welcome fellow British Columbian:flipoff2:
Sounds like you got yourself a pretty nice rig, is it North American (I am pretty sure its more than 900 miles to japan)

First thing I did was wheel mine.
Then a 2.5 OME lift (unloaded it is more like 3.5)
Just put on 35s, they are beefy on a 2.5 lift, and I am expecting to get some rubbing but am a believer in big rubber with just enough lift to clear the rubber.

Ill post a pic when I get a chance (tommorrow)

Yup, American model, bought out of Frisco, California. Thanks for the input, I was thinking about around a 3" lift max as I don't want to start messing with the additional items that would have to be done if I go more than that.

Also, does anyone know if you can somehow rig in the Japanese HDJ81 series altimeter/compass/temp guages into it?

Any input is much appreciated!

-ROB

pics please!:flipoff2:

Welcome! It's been said that the OEM console with the compass and such is way more expensive than it is worth. Better to go aftermarket if you are opposed to GPS. Congratulations on what sounds like a great rig!

Unfortunately the way it turns out is that I won't have pictures until it gets delivered. I won't keep all of you waiting after I get it though. Thanks for the insight on the altimeter/compass. I'll just get a decent GPS system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom