Just Bought: 1997 LC w/ 38k on clock 100% legit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

This is my first post on this site and i must say "nice". Well i just found my dream. 1997 LC FZJ80 Pearl Green, Tan Leather WITH 38,000 MILES!!!!!! Well i was about to buy a 2001 TLC with 70K on the clock for 19k and all of a sudden one morning i was in the paper and saw the 1997 and almost flipped my lid! I called them immediately and demanded to see the truck asap. Well later on that same day there i was looking at her. Unreal boys, unreal. I have owned a 1996 TLC a year back and had to sell her due to commuting costs $900 a month in fuel LOL. Well i can;t believe what i have found here, and guys its all legit. Truck checks out 100% had alll fluids changed. Interior looks like new, no scratches at all. Drivers seat looks mint, light light cracking in drivers leather but all others are show room. The truck was a gararge queen. It was a wifes mall cruiser since they bought it new for 52k. Only thing is no lockers but hey, can't have everything. And what i paid-- $17,500.00 cash. Exterior is absolutley mint mint mint. 2 dings no chips and no scratches at all!!!!! Undercarrage looks mint, light surface rust thats about it!! I am soo soo happy!!! i will have pics asap for you guys.

Thanks,

Ron

Spydaz said:
Hey all,

... WITH 38,000 MILES

Too bad it's out of Factory warranty; otherwise that would have been a real gem. :D

-B-

i wish!!!

Never happen to me.

You dirty dog! I felt a little better when I read it didn't have lockers.
Hope you bought a lotto ticket as well.

Well i should have goten a lotto ticket, stupid me. :D

You paid too much.
They're much less expensive where I live.
Dude you got ripped off!

:D

I thought I'd get that out of the way...maybe it'll keep all the Haters off your back. :D

Welcome aboard :flipoff2: and congrats on the sweet rig.
useless_without_pics.gif

How do you attach pics??

Great deal! Now all you have to do is wait exactly 100k miles and it will be perfectly broken in like mine ;)

:cheers: Man! Thats one hell of a find

Thanks Montana, by the way how do you post pics?????

Good Choice for those who no the difference.

believe it or not . I am drive in deserts and rough rock roads and hells .
95-97 LC are the golden age of off roads kings. I have sold my 2001LC cause it was made for high ways and will not survive in off reads.

Thats for sh#$ shure. I was going to go with the 2001 but being a 1996 LC owner as my previous vehicle the 2001 seemed like a Mall Cruiser and was too Plush for me and the lady.

Spydaz said:
Thanks Montana, by the way how do you post pics?????

When you are writing in a post, look up at the "mountain and sun" icon, click on it and a box will appear and you can paste in a URL or look down and find the icon that reads "attach files" click on it and upload something from your computer (using this method you'll be pretty limited on the size of pics etc until you buck up and buy a silver star from Woody).

kfarea said:
believe it or not . I am drive in deserts and rough rock roads and hells .
95-97 LC are the golden age of off roads kings. I have sold my 2001LC cause it was made for high ways and will not survive in off reads.

Spydaz said:
Thats for sh#$ shure. I was going to go with the 2001 but being a 1996 LC owner as my previous vehicle the 2001 seemed like a Mall Cruiser and was too Plush for me and the lady.

Mister kfarea and Mister Spydaz let me introduce you to Mr Shotts.

I'll just sit back and enjoy some :popcorn: & :beer:

:D
-B-

Or Armando.
Cheers,
Sean

Hey that's nice - welcome :flipoff2: .

The youngest 80 I bought was a 93 with 56K. Drove it to 138K without a hitch, wish I hadn't sold it. Then again, the higher miles 80's I bought after (120,000 and 130,000) don't cause me much grief either :grinpimp:

David

Sweet deal. I got a 97LX last year with 34K on the clock but I paid a little more at the steelership. Check out the radiator though, mine was so full of grey goop that the steelership ended up replacing it for me for free. It is definitely the best vehicle that I have ever owned.

Yeah i had jiffy lube flush the whole radiator out and fill with new stuff, said that it was dirty but no sludge or grey matter!! I have such a passion for this truck. I sold my Mercedes Benz diesel for this because i missed my 1996 LC so much. I almost ended up with a 2001 LC but before that had a deposit on a 2005 dodge ram 2500 diesel. Then i saw this baby and my mouth dropped directly to the floor and haven't been able to pick it up yet!! Still can't realize that i just purchased a 1997 with 38k on the clock in New York non the less!!!. well i plan on taking care of this beast and keeping it forever. I had my 96 LC till she had 130k on the clock and had to off her for a more economical car 160miles a day commuting to and from work!! Now i no longer do that so Land Cruiser's back in the D-way and a big smile is on this face!! Now off to the Mod Dealer!!

Jiffy Lube? You trusted these guys on your cooling system?? Slide under and see if their are any marks on the block drain indicating they actually opened it up and I'll bet ya a couple slices of NY's best pie they didn't. Also bet they don't even have distilled water in the joint, much less know it's best to use in radiators. Any idea what color the coolant was they removed?

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom