Just another New FJ40 Nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rick,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help, and I do plan to get it in shape to drive. On the headliights the odd thing is the instrument cluster light and running lights on the back light, could that still be a ground issue?

Thanks

Yep - I'm not 100% sure about the headlight circuit, but I have run into flaky blinkers numerous times. Occasionally one will not work, then the next day it will work, then a few days later the other side will go out. It seems related to the grounds at each light, which run from the front turn signal to somewhere under the fender. My issues have been isolated to the front blinkers. Oddly, if I turn on the hazard lights, both flash without issue, regardless of whether or not they are functioning as a turn signal that day :hillbilly:

I haven't dug into it too deeply to be honest (more pressing issues to work on) but I am 99% sure it's a ground issue.

I've also heard that the lights are very voltage sensitive. I know my blinkers stopped working a couple days before my battery died completely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom