Builds Just another '69 build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the additional pics and info! So you left the brake mounting flange on the axle housing in the stock location? Then you just modified the flange to fit the GM brake mount. Have you finished hooking up the e-brake?

I checked pic-n-pulls and all they would sell was a complete axle housing, for $600.

Don

yep left everything the same. Like I said, I needed to re-enforce the square mount as soon as it was shaped because it's edge came just about to the edge of the stock mounting flange, but that was about it.

That sucks about the pic n pull, I'm surprised they wont let you pull of just the brake components... I guess there's just a lot of wrecked mexican work trucks down here in AZ, maybe too many for them to care haha

They would have sold just the brakes IF they had one suspect for "guality" due to the type of hit to the vehicle. I thought I found one, hit hard enough that the centers of the alloy rims were broken out and left on the hub while the rest of the rim was demolished, both sides of the axle. But they said it was still a salvageable, saleable complete axle. I wouldn't want to purchase it as a complete axle, but I guess they plan on finding some poor sucker eventually.

I don't have the money to do anything now so I ditched looking for now. I still plan to do this mod eventually when my financial situation changes. I like the idea of having the e-brake on the axle and not having to depend on one where if the driveshaft/u-joints break you have nothing.

Don

Identical '69 AZ Cruiser?

spencerweb4, I just came across this buildup thread. IN January I bought a white '69 FJ40 that was in the foothills of AZ (Prescott) most of its life. I swear, it looks like you cruiser's long-lost brother (with a little less rust). I have had a bunch of interior work and powdercoating done but trying to leave everything else stock.

Any progress lately?
IMG_2710.jpg
Land Cruiser Interior 001.jpg
orig pic 3.jpg

Before and after pics

Sorry, i guess i should post some "after" pics of Casper.

After pics...
69FJ40Pics

69FJ40Pics

Noob fail

Last try, then no more thread hijacking.

mrpalm00

mrpalm00

i guess rookies aren't allowed to hyperlink pics until they reach a certain post count.

hey funkytown40! i like it! Im sorry to say I havent made much progress lately seeing as my workspace got invaded :/. Im hoping to get everything moved over to a new garage soon and get things rolling once again! Hows your project coming?

My '69 finally arrived in TX on Monday, so I am exstatic! I haven't done much besides vaccum/wash and throw on some stock caps on teh steelies. I need to attach the powdercoated interior parts as some point and I need to have the radiator re-cored and a new exhaust (this one still has the original one, which is toast). I have a thread out there with pics if you look around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom