Just a small weekend job... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could be way wrong or just not noticed, but I have never seen a pearl white 2000 LX with any color interior other than tan. So I started looking about a year ago for someone that would want to swap my totally perfect tan interior for their gray or black interior. About a month ago a guy outside Atlanta said he was looking for a tan interior for his gray interior. Challenge accepted. So...front to back and top to bottom, we swapped it all. Nothing was really difficult. It was all just time consuming. The dash was a little stubborn at first but nothing too bad. All in all, took about 20 hours. Don’t think I ever want to do it again but couldn’t be more happy with the outcome. His (now mine) seat bottoms and armrests need recovered and that’ll happen tomorrow. After that it’s off for a really really good interior detail. Now you guys can answer my big question...did the pearl white come with another interior color besides tan?
5A26945D-FE10-4645-BA0A-D50660D51877.jpeg

C5F28F68-12F3-47E2-862E-C1A5E00C8535.jpeg

B8367589-8D6A-4886-8B11-E438CC1213AF.jpeg

955FB859-2DD1-4F60-8488-356BC0CCD66B.jpeg

Oh my quite the task.

Damn. That was ambitious. Well done!

Well done indeed!

My 2006 lc is white with gray interior. Not sure if its pearl white though.

You’re crazy and I like it.

@Gassiper what's the rough cost on recovering the seat bottoms? Having an upholstery shop do it?

Ended up using a place called Richmond Auto Upholstery. A guy here at the shop just redid his daughters 4runner seats using them. Send him your old covers, he uses them as the pattern and he sends back new ones. The ones my friend did looked great. So I’m having both seat bottoms done and the armrests. Altogether it was $600 and I’ll put it all on. I was quoted over $700 plus labor and a couple local places

Any pointers on removing the dash? My firewall leaks air and it's unbearable in the winter. I have been thinking about taking the dash off and sealing it all up for once and all.

Don’t be afraid of it. Pull center console, gear shift trim and drop the steering wheel. Get a buddy to help. Once you know you have all of the screws out just start pulling. Don’t yank anything because you’ll have a couple things you’ll need to unplug. It’s not as bad as it seems.

Ended up using a place called Richmond Auto Upholstery. A guy here at the shop just redid his daughters 4runner seats using them. Send him your old covers, he uses them as the pattern and he sends back new ones. The ones my friend did looked great. So I’m having both seat bottoms done and the armrests. Altogether it was $600 and I’ll put it all on. I was quoted over $700 plus labor and a couple local places
Any pics of how the seats turned out? Saw some on Amazon from them and thought from their pics it looked decent.

Any pics of how the seats turned out? Saw some on Amazon from them and thought from their pics it looked decent.

It was just the front seat bottoms and arm rests. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Even matching up to the 20 year old backs, they look great. I could only see a difference after we had put them back together and I had the seats sitting under my shop LED lights.

4653B333-4553-4DBF-AC4D-FCED108FED28.jpeg

1A3200A3-1EE7-4DBC-B65D-85FFF4CF30DE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom