Wanted Just a guy searching for A442F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been across the entire depth of the internet looking for an A442f transmission to swap my old one. The old one finally started to give away and the transmission shop told me it was going to be 3-6k to fix. But the only other option is to either fix it myself or find another one and take better care of it. After I left on deployment, my 80 series sat at my fathers house for 2 years. Come back home and it won’t go into reverse and revs super high in 3-4. Fluid was clean. Took it to a local transmission shop. Found metal shavings in pan, told me it’s time to do a rebuild. Way out of my price range. Any advice?

Where r u located? I’ll have one but it’ll be a min. I’m in Co.
Might be able to find one with someone doing a swap.

Check with @slow95z he may have one ;)
To be clear the A442F only came in the 93-94s

Can you use a transmission from the later, 95-97 cruisers? Or are they not compatible?
No, not compatible.

In many circles the 93-94 A442F (aka the bus tranny) is thought to be much stronger then 95 -97 A343 transmission. ;)

This is the first time I have heard of one going bad !!!

I have one in VA. $100 plus shipping you can have it. 1993 with 210k on it out of a running truck.

Shipping is cheap! I shipped a F engine, trans and transfer from TX to VA for $225 back in August 2021 with Fastenal. Your trans should be less!

No, not compatible.

In many circles the 93-94 A442F (aka the bus tranny) is thought to be much stronger then 95 -97 A343 transmission. ;)

This is the first time I have heard of one going bad !!!
Yeah, I think mine just sat for to long. Texas sun can be unforgiving on seals and o-rings.

Yeah, I think mine just sat for to long. Texas sun can be unforgiving on seals and o-rings.

how does the sun get to the seals and o-rings of a transmission?

I've got a good trans from a 93 with transfer still attached, but I can't match some of the offers above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom