Junkyard Alert Issued for Northern Nevada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I'm looking at possible engine swap options, does the motor from this 100 have any worth at going into my 80? Not even sure how much it would take to pull the motor or if it would even be worth it after the wreck. Or would it be too much of a headache trying to match up wiring and everything the newer cruisers have these days?
The 2UZ-FE is a great engine but it would be a nightmare swapping it into a different platform. I noodled it for as a possible V8 swap for my FJ40. The easy way would be to buy a chipped ECU with harness out of S Africa ($$$$$$$$). This basically makes the engine a crate motor you could put in any thing, There was even a speed boat built by Toyota that was powered with a 2UZ. After all that you would need an adaptor the bell to mate to the 80 drive train.

The 3UZ-FE is a slightly smaller displacement V8, but it was used in the Lexus LS 430 which had a semi automatic transmission. This makes it much easier to convert to a stand alone engine.

At the end of the day I concluded that there is a reason the SBC swap is so common for FJ40, it makes more sense than the alternatives.

I'd be a big job, Aaron. Possible, but big job. How comfortable are you with reading Toyota wiring schematics?
That's what I'm afraid of. I think I'm ok with wiring schematics, it's just tedious and you have to take your time, but I could do it.
I think I'll avoid that then for the time being. Thanks for the input guys.

Since I'm looking at possible engine swap options, does the motor from this 100 have any worth at going into my 80? Not even sure how much it would take to pull the motor or if it would even be worth it after the wreck. Or would it be too much of a headache trying to match up wiring and everything the newer cruisers have these days?

Christo Slee did this swap... He makes it sound "pretty straight forward."

looks like yes he did it, but "pretty straight forward" for some professional who does this type of thing all day every day would likely be a "big job" as @lelandEOD said for someone like myself.

Yeah that's why I put it in quotes. Ironically I think an LS Swap would be easier since there are kits out there to help make it happen. What attracts me to the 2UZ (besides maintaining Toyota DNA) is that all the gauges, OBDII, and wiring works together. That's pretty cool.

The 100 has the spare wheel if anyone needs a rim...I took the cross member today so threw the wheel in the back...no center cap though.

Row52.com shows it still there, but could be wrong. It was in Row 42 which is one of the last rows before the full size trucks in the back.

Row52.com shows it still there, but could be wrong. It was in Row 42 which is one of the last rows before the full size trucks in the back.
Walked that whole area over and over just to make absolutely sure. 🥲