Junkyard Alert Issued for Northern Nevada (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OOOOhhhh... Looks like I may be headed to Sparks tomorrow morning.
There is also an 80 if anyone needs parts.

Look like front bumper is a destroyed ARB. I am hoping it still has the rear wing on the upper hatch and that the inner back glass surround piece is in good condition.

OOOOhhhh... Looks like I may be headed to Sparks tomorrow morning.
There is also an 80 if anyone needs parts.

Look like front bumper is a destroyed ARB. I am hoping it still has the rear wing on the upper hatch and that the inner back glass surround piece is in good condition.
I need a wheel center cap I there is one.

Negative the wheels were not there. It was actually pretty picked over already for axles and whatnot.

Young guy was there wrestling to get the ARB off, thing was pretty far gone but he said he was a fabricator and was going to plan to straighten it out and see if he could use on another vehicle. Ended up taking us both wrestling with it and whatnot to get it about a good 30 minutes. But it finally gave way.

I got a few pieces I was looking for. Interior is brown leather if anyone needs brown 100 interior. Rear seats were still in good condition, all engine stuff was there but all axles and whatnot were done. Had a look at stock UCAs and bushings looked pretty bad. Oddly enough the impact was pretty significant and limited to drives side bumper only but airbags didn’t deploy.

Negative the wheels were not there. It was actually pretty picked over already for axles and whatnot.

Young guy was there wrestling to get the ARB off, thing was pretty far gone but he said he was a fabricator and was going to plan to straighten it out and see if he could use on another vehicle. Ended up taking us both wrestling with it and whatnot to get it about a good 30 minutes. But it finally gave way.

I got a few pieces I was looking for. Interior is brown leather if anyone needs brown 100 interior. Rear seats were still in good condition, all engine stuff was there but all axles and whatnot were done. Had a look at stock UCAs and bushings looked pretty bad. Oddly enough the impact was pretty significant and limited to drives side bumper only but airbags didn’t deploy.
Thanks for trying.

@gregnash Did you notice if the windshield washer res was still in the 80?
Yeah it was still there but that was the side that was impacted so not sure how good of shape it was in. Really didn't pay attention.

Thanks for the response. Those are pretty fragile so it's most likely toast.
Honestly it could still be in good condition. The bumper seemed to have taken the entire brunt of the impact so it and the hood were mangled. Hell for $2 plus fuel it is worth it to take a run out there.

Since I'm looking at possible engine swap options, does the motor from this 100 have any worth at going into my 80? Not even sure how much it would take to pull the motor or if it would even be worth it after the wreck. Or would it be too much of a headache trying to match up wiring and everything the newer cruisers have these days?

@airon23 from the reading I've done if you can get the complete donor harness with connectors and ecu's that's a really good start. It still requires a bunch of harness mods/splicing, but if you have all of the pieces it makes it easier. I'm drawing a blank on the 4.7 v8 engine code,. 2UZ? anyway, there are a few swap threads regarding that engine in the forums.
If that 80 series still has the rear spoiler /wind deflector feet and anyone is willing to help a Seattle guy out, I'd pay into some ones beer fund.

@airon23 from the reading I've done if you can get the complete donor harness with connectors and ecu's that's a really good start. It still requires a bunch of harness mods/splicing, but if you have all of the pieces it makes it easier. I'm drawing a blank on the 4.7 v8 engine code,. 2UZ? anyway, there are a few swap threads regarding that engine in the forums.
If that 80 series still has the rear spoiler /wind deflector feet and anyone is willing to help a Seattle guy out, I'd pay into some ones beer fund.

I'm hoping to go pick it over on Sunday so I'll let you know.

Since I'm looking at possible engine swap options, does the motor from this 100 have any worth at going into my 80? Not even sure how much it would take to pull the motor or if it would even be worth it after the wreck. Or would it be too much of a headache trying to match up wiring and everything the newer cruisers have these days?

It'd be a big job, Aaron. Possible, but big job. How comfortable are you with reading Toyota wiring schematics?

Last edited: