Junk Yards are your friend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heeding the advice given to another Noob on here. I decided to try my luck this weekend at the local yards. I was initially looking for rear quarters, as mine have rusted on both sides right at the wheel well.

So i called around to some local places that let you go get the stuff yourself, and found a place that had 5 FJ60's/62's on site. so i went down there. The guy initially told me they would be $200 per side. I thought that was pretty good, then i showed him some pictures of what mine looked like. He decided to give them both to me for $ 200.00
Anyway they had a guy show around for a while and we found a left and a right (from 2 different 60's) with no rust whatsoever. They happened to be the only two good one out of all five vehicles. The yard guy i was with marked where they should be cut and they are cutting them off for me to pick up Wednesday, but along the way i saw a bunch of stuff i had to have -
Air intake Hose -
Both Front interior Door panels (perfect!)-
Front headrests -
I did a quick pricing on Cruiserparts.net and SOR and these thing could have totaled over $800 Bucks!
I took it all home including the quarter panels for $275.00!

Oh - Every single one of the 60's still had the 2F in it. and they had a really rusty 55 looking sad and lonley.

Lots of folks over on Rising Sun (risingsun4x4.org) can point you to some of the good yards in Denver area for finding Cruiser parts. Yota Yard being one that comes to mind :)

Great club with great folks for Denver area Toyota folk

Thats the place but don't tell anyone! ;p

It was great! and all the people were super nice

And They're close to Downtown - 31st and Walnut North of Coors field.

You live in cruiser heaven, I've never been to a junkyard that actually had a cruiser in it.

I've had great luck with that yard. I scored a brand new swing away bumper/tire carrier, and a banged up front bumper (that I ended up not using, but they threw it in!) for only $250. Cool guys, I'll definately be back!

be sure to thank them for donating to the fj62 raffle truck that rising sun is building too ;)

You live in cruiser heaven, I've never been to a junkyard that actually had a cruiser in it.

That's because thay are all still on the road!

You guys really suck. I go to a yard here and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I either get pointed in the direction of trashed land rovers or maybe if i'm lucky I'll see an 80 that's been crushed. God, I hate Ohio.

Saw Yota Yard on the internet and believed it too good to be true. At this rate, we'll have em wiped outta cruiser parts in no time. WHAT THEN?!?!?!

I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

It will motivate them to get more wrecked Cruisers.

yota yard rules. my girl hates going with me b/c i walk around for hours just checking stuff out. you can grab some really good deals there.

Great score. I went to one a few weeks ago after dropping off some metal at the scrap yard, decided to have a look around. No land cruisers, no 4 runners or toyota trucks of any kind. They did have about 8 older corollas that use a solenoid that can replace a bad 4wd solenoid on the 62, but they were all missing.

I just got back from getting the QP's( i picked up a "new" Tail gate while i was there - $150.00)

They cut out the whole Quarter - window and all. I had to cut one window off because i couldn't fit it all in my Tacoma. So i have basically the whole back half of a 60 sitting in the back of my Truck!

and i all i'm fixing is rust in the wheel wells! All this on my lunch break!

I have heard of a fabled Cruiser yard in Ft Collins, I'm in Co Springs so I don't make it up there very often any of you Denver guys been there?

I believe coyote cruisers is the name. A friend came through there the other weekend but it was at night so he wasn't sure of what they had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom