Junk / Salvage yards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zjohnsonua

SILVER Star
Threads
Good junk yards are like good restaurants and bars...only the locals really know where to find 'em. So I wanted to start a thread for used parts sources as it doesn't appear that we have one, and I could really use a good Toyota yard as part of this swap.

The only they'll-have-it-for-sure yards I know of are 2+ hours south in Calera (just south of Birmingham for the new folks): Billy's Auto for car parts, and Graham's for truck parts. I figure the Tennessee Valley has one or two diamonds in the rough to offer, so speak up if you know 'em.

Junkyards are a dying breed/lost art. Most aren’t open on weekends, want to charge you for the privilege of walking through their facility and then want a core charge for nuts and bolts!

I have lived here for almost 25 years and I cannot give you a single recommendation for this area and I have been to most of them.

eBay is the new salvage yard and mud classifieds of course

Another option: "I think" is you can post "Want to Buy" (WTB) in classifieds to maybe get some interest going.

cruiserparts.net and cruiser corps are also options, but make sure you go in with some background knowledge.
Stories are out there with them. I've bought a few things and had no issue but a little delay.

Good junk yards are like good restaurants and bars...only the locals really know where to find 'em. So I wanted to start a thread for used parts sources as it doesn't appear that we have one, and I could really use a good Toyota yard as part of this swap.

The only they'll-have-it-for-sure yards I know of are 2+ hours south in Calera (just south of Birmingham for the new folks): Billy's Auto for car parts, and Graham's for truck parts. I figure the Tennessee Valley has one or two diamonds in the rough to offer, so speak up if you know 'em.

Years ago I used Grahams a couple of times but did not like his attitude and thought his prices were high. Maybe that's changed.

I've used this place once or twice when in the area, the one in Mobile Barrys U Pull It Auto Parts – Auto Parts.

Got a few parts from there Fagan's Auto Parts FagansAutoParts.com Piedmont Alabama at a reasonable price.

I've also used this to find parts Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

I'll second the Graham's thoughts, they were 30% higher on this transmission I'm hunting. But if you need an oddball something-or-other that flirts with unobtainium, they've generally been able to help.

High prices with Graham’s for me too...they wanted $950 for a used 100 front diff 😂

My best advice is to use car-part.com and put in the vehicle and part and it will pull up all of the salvage yards in xxx distance from your zip.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom