June 4&5 - Wilderness First Aid Training/CPR Training and Certification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yopo4x4.com
Wilderness First Aid Training/CPR Training and Certification

Client: American Overland Expedition and Friends
23192 Verdugo Dr Unit BLaguna Hills CA 92653
When June 4&5 / 16 hours training / Lunch provided
Courses: Wilderness First Aid Training/CPR Training and Certification
Cost $199

Training and Education Proposal
Wilderness First Aid (16 hours) Includes CPR Certification Through the Red Cross
Wilderness First Aid is the assessment of and treatment given to an injured or ill person in a remote environment where definitive care by a health care provider and/or rapid transport is not readily available.

This course is geared for remote and backcountry travelers. The course will cover topics such a primary patient assessment, focused spinal assessment, calling for help, SOAP notes, shock, chest injuries, head, neck and spinal injuries, wound management, bone and joint injuries, burns, abdominal illness, hypothermia, heat-related illness, lightening, altitude sickness, submersion incidents and allergies and anaphylaxis, and first-aid kits. Also, when to make the decision to evacuate—Stay or GO- CPR training will help you to recognize, respond to and care for cardiac medical emergencies.

Participants will learn the basics of patient assessment to determine proper care in a medical emergency. We will create scenarios common to what you might encounter in a remote setting more than an hour away from front-country assistance. This will be a fun, fast paced and hands on course in Wilderness First Aid. Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a Wilderness First Aid Certification card with the American Red Cross good for 2 years. Included will be a CPR training and a 2 year certification.

Participants will receive a Wilderness and Remote First Aid book and skills card and a few goodies to add to their first aid kits. All training materials will be supplied.

Please call or email as to reserve your Spot
949-295-0042
Alex.carvallo@me.com
alex@aoe4x4.com

Very cool!, i was going to do this at the Trasharoo shop too.. just haven't had time yet. $199 is a decent price too. I urge anyone that can afford to take the class, please do!

What company is doing it?

Thanks for posting this up Roberto! Dave come on over and get certified! PM me for any more information if need be.

Thanks and stay tuned!

May be doing this with my son...IF I can get them to nudge the min. age to a mature 13 :D

I took Kristina's class, and it's Awesome.

She's very knowledgeable, and a great instructor.

Do the class, your family deserves to have you around for a long time, these tools she teaches you will save your butt.

My wife loves the fact that I came home with a plan and real solutions so she doesn't have to worry when I go out on trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom