June 27th carnivourous plant day trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads
Nick do your kids want to see some wild carnivourous plants?

The plan is to head out to jorden river north main forest service road on June 27th. We will be leaving my place at 9am and driving out to jorden river then 20min on easy gravel roads with only one 4x4 section. Then a 20 min hike in the kludahk trail area to fields of carnivourous plants. All are welcome.
E75A884D-7BE8-4798-B79F-9D9C28E5D622.jpeg

Expect wet feet and biting bugs

Sounds like fun! I'll check with the Mrs. to make sure the schedule is clear, but I'm pretty sure I'm free to join. Thanks!

A RAV4 would do it Easy. Last time a f250 in 4wheel drive couldn’t make it up the one last hill Haha but I did it in 2 wheel drive no problems. That’s the just last hill everything else could be done in a car. anyone that brings a vehicle that can’t do it can park it and catch a ride. I don’t think have extra seats for the drive out there but people can hop in the back hatch the 60 or hang off the bumper or multiple trips for the last bit I can get everybody up there

So, hypothetically...

how small would you have to chop up, say, a spouse (for example) to feed to the carnivorous plants?

(Asking for a friend, absently thumbing edge of machete :hillbilly: )

Sounds like it'd be an interesting trip.

Swmbo would probably be into it, ( maybe not so much in feeding said plants :lol: )

I might be S.O.L. tho, there's been considerable whinging from my folks about lowering their carport and roofing it, so I may not be able to put them off any longer.

Mel and I both had s*** weeks so weren't up for a road trip after overindulging a wee bit last night...:lol:

Interested to check these out one day tho.

I'm curious about transplanting... maybe not allowed for these ones you're going to see, but It'd be fun to get a some of those plants growing in our pond.

I'm curious about transplanting... maybe not allowed for these ones you're going to see, but It'd be fun to get a some of those plants growing in our pond.

I might be able to help you out with that.

Here’s some pictures of the great adventure today. Sorry I didn’t get any good cruiser pictures but it was good times that was fun Nick definitely blueberry picking up there later this year!
Vancouver Island: bog hike June 27 2020

That was definitely a fun trip; thanks a lot Steve for the invite. Saw some really special areas up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom