June 26 - Raffle Truck Work Day @IPOR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
June 25 (Sat) - Raffle Truck Work Day @IPOR

OK Guys, the goal is to get the parts truck stripped (hard top, doors, fenders, hood, windshield frame, etc.). We'll also organize the Raffle Truck parts in a rack space that Lance and Cam have set aside for us.

Post-up if you plan on coming out to IPOR on Saturday the 25th.

Jon

Last edited:
I'm going to be wheeling at the 4 Runner Jambo at Rausch that weekend. If anyone from MD is going down and willing to drag back the parts truck tranny and transfer and hold it for me until I can pick it up from them, I would appreciate it. I removed it during the last tech day so it just needs a ride.

Is anyone coming to IPOR on Saturday?

I'm sorry that I won't make it this weekend; :princess: made other commitments that I must attend.

it went almost as good as this thread........

Well, the showing was a bit thin, even if the lone showee wasn't. I anticipated a light tunrout based on the response to this thread so I wasted most of the morning sitting on I-95 with my FJ40 in tow enroute to IPOR (was planning to head down anyway as I have some shop time scheduled for next week). I just love the summer beach season traffic...it smells like cooked rubber and vaporized antifreeze. After 3 hours of gnashing teeth and questioning the ancestory of half the so called drivers in Northern VA, I arrived to much fanfare and a few smart alecky comments from Skrewball.

I took a few ceremonious parts off the donor truck and added them to the cruiser pile inside so at least something got done. Unfortunately for us, but good for IPOR, there was a pile of work in the shop and a good bit of it was spread around the Raffle Truck. As a result, there was nowhere to put the larger parts that I was planning on getting off the donor truck (doors, top and roll bar). There was only one pair of capable hands between the two of us and not much time left in the day so we made a strategic decision to retreat and return with reinforcements in a few weeks.

Hopefully, some folks' calendars will be more flexible in July and we will be able to set aside some space to store the parts instead of adding to the pile in and under the tub of the Raffle Truck. I'd like to get the frame and body panels off to be media blasted so we can get started on the body work with a Tech Day before the summer is out (How about it Ryan?). To do that, we are going to have to rally a stronger turnout in both July and August. We can discuss this more at the next meeting.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom