June 24th Club Trail Run- Lower Boulder Pics and Report... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to LAX, Jason and the rest of the Crew who put this one together... WAY TO GO! I think everyone had a great time. The pace was chill, the trail was fun and easy going, and the view at the lake was world class. I think I counted 7 rigs total...

2 FJ40's
1 62
1 4Runner
2 100's
and that maroon Jeep looking thing. ;)

We saw...

Antelope
Deer
Fox
Bears
and a Mountain Lion

This was a rad trail and I look forward to returning to the area before the end of this season with the family, tents, marshmallows and a canoe. Great suggestion Jason!

I figure if you got a few cool shots from the day and want to upload them, here's a good spot.

Group resized.jpg

John and Brenna (Sp?)
John cropped.jpg

Mike's super sweet 62!
Mike.jpg

This was an awesome trip and I definitely want to return for a night of camping (open call to anyone that wants to do the same, let's put it together!). I had a black bear run across the trail in front of me from about 12 feet away and then a large mountain lion about 60 feet away to my left, followed by a fox in the trail drinking from a puddle. What a day for wildlife spotting! That "maroon Jeep looking thing" sure is photogenic! :)

3.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

looks like fun, too bad i couldn't make it i was getting over a cold.

anyone happen to get a GPS track?

And here's one more that shows the trail to the upper lake. You can see the rock that kept us from continuing on the far left. And @87BJ74 is on the trail back to the lake on the far right
PANO_20180624_142825ps.jpg

Would anyone be interested in attempting to hit the lakes on the other side of the peak from the Boulder Lakes? You can see them circled in the images. Last year I got half-way to them but turned around because it was getting late at night, I was by myself and it was my first time out that way (one image below shows where I stopped). I'm thinking give it a shot this weekend (Saturday, 6/30) due to the following being 4th of July weekend and most people will be doing things with family/friends. It would be an un-official 406 ride and anyone/everyone is welcome! If you're interested, post up.

Capture1JPG.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Awesome trip and awesome photos. I had a blast. Thanks Lax and 406Cruisers for being so patient and understanding of my craziness and confusion on the communication and route. What a great group of folks. That was a good time looking forward to the next trip. Camping at the lake sometime would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom