June 24-25 2017 Casner Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes we asked specifically about 9011R when speaking with Meg, she said she was familiar with the site and as long as the road was well established without tall vegetation in the center it was ok. The biggest concern was really having your vehicle no on vegetation tall enough to touch any hot components that might spark a fire.

When we showed Meg, the 2017 April version of the Coconino map (same one we got on our May run with you and Pitch) we noted that 9011R while not on the map did meet the criteria as laid out by the FS. I think our willingness to ask, displaying our understanding of the restrictions and gaining clarification on what constituted vegetation went a long way. We took the restriction seriously and had the same desired outcomes as the FS.

Maybe we lucked out twice but I think Mark and I asked all the right questions and we made sure our group followed the intent of the level 2 restrictions while enjoying a great site and the Coconino National forest.

It's nice to see that they could see you knew and were following the intent of the restrictions and the fact on the map or no that is a well traveled road and using it is not causing any damage to the environment. Think most rangers you come across in the forest feel the same way most us do. Still a little confused on who is truly LEO. True LEO will be packing. If Eric (@Pitch) is correct and only two in all Coconino National Forest then I know at least one those weren't true LEO. The one in our area is male and would not be as nice. He would follow the letter of the law more than the intent. I think more then LEO can issue tickets in the forest.

Great pics. Good to see familiar faces and new enthusiasts! Does anyone else wonder if members are joining for the trucks or the food? :p CSC^2- Copper State Cruisers and Cuisine
I love the lush greenery here, but I do miss the wide open vistas.

20170620_210826.jpg

20170409_202249.jpg

Chris, did the drone footage come out?

Yes Chris we are all anxious to see that drone footage............................

Here is the link to the drone footage of the camp area for those that are interested. The file was too big for me to attach it to this post. Also, sorry for the delay in posting this, I was on a road trip the past two weeks and was not able to get to posting this until now. Hopefully, I can get even better footage on future ROTM and events.

I love the lush greenery here, but I do miss the wide open vistas.

Going back home to Georgia always makes me claustrophobic. You can't see anything for the trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom