June 2011 Event: Uwharrie Summer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Registered..... i'll be there saturday afternoonish..... in an 80.... but not mine

Are we meeting at 9AM at the Eldorado Outpost on Saturday?

Unfortunately, I'm only going to be able to come for the day on Saturday but will have my 4-year-old along for the ride.

During lunch I was trying to find the URE OHV rules. It seems all the links to OHV rules I found are broken. What equipment do I need to have in order to ride on Saturday?

Second, when I registered I was only able to say I was coming. Mary, my wife, will be joining me.

here you go.

Safety checklist ->

Attachments

• ONSCSafetyandEquipmentCheckList03-15-10.pdf
    196.9 KB · Views: 104
Quinton, aside from the link Eric posted, all you need is current valid plates/registration and insurance. You can either buy a day pass or season pass for the OHV trail system that morning at the Outpost.

Eric & Lil Joe, thank you.
I think the 75 will meet all the rest of the requirements.
Do I need to have a CB, winch, and tow strap for "easy" trail riding?
My cruiser is a dd and overland expedition rig, so I plan to watch any attempts on Daniel. I would love to see it as I hiked up it two months ago and wondered how in the **** one climbs it in a cruiser.

Quinton, a winch is not needed, a tow strap is recommended (generally not used), there should be a few of us with one. at a least have a tow hook or a "D" ring mount point for a strap if needed. A CB would be nice, just stay in the middle of the pack if you don't have one. i am sure there will be an open seat for a daniel run.

FWIW, just registered and will try to make it out Friday night with the family.

Quinton,
To reiterate what Joe and Eric said, as far as safety/required items, basically the truck must be safe to drive on the road. We want everyone to have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit. Winches and tow straps are optional, but we want trucks to have frame mounted anchors front and rear in case we need to pull you over or off anything. CB radio is preferred for communication, but don't worry if you don't have one yet. I can run through the checklist with you on Saturday morning.

Yes, 9am is the assembly time at the Outpost. Promptly leaving at 9:30.

No Graba$$ing.

I'll send out the groups, trails, and trail leaders on Thursday, please park in your relative groups. Easy/moderate in the front of the parking lot, moderate/advanced in the rear.

Lunch will be at 12:30 at Dutch John

Camping at C

Unfortunately I have to miss this event. I ended up having to buy a good drill to replace my gas tank after I broke one of the strap bolts and now money for this event is gone. After a couple of paychecks I should be good to go so hopefully I can make the next event.

Have fun and make sure to take pictures, I'll be web wheeling while you guys are out having fun! I'll be able to introduce myself to the rest of you guys later this summer, hopefully at the July event.

Sorry to hear that Johnny!

What would everyone like to do as far as dinner on Saturday night? Pot luck? Everyone bring a little something and we'll grill out, or just cook your own thing?

I can only do a day trip Saturday else I'd be in for a pot of Grabass Saturday night.

I can only do a day trip Saturday else I'd be in for a pot of Grabass Saturday night.

I don't know if that pot would ever be ready to eat!

So we've got:
The Keefers Arriving Friday (any trails)
Christian?
Joe
Brock?
Mylene
GearguyWB
Eric Arriving Friday (I assume any trails)
Quinton
jasharpe
Johnny C Arriving Saturday Morning (easy/moderate)
Andy
Sean
Darin
Vanns Arriving Saturday Afternoon (going wherever with whomever)

Any other takers? Any last minute drop outs?....

I am a last minute drop out; should have posted a few days ago. Thanks again for the invite everybody. Hope to still make it over there sometime this year.

If anyone from the Triangle area would like to caravan Saturday morning, we can meet at the Mobil on 64 at Farrington Rd (E side of Jordan Lake). Let's plan to leave there at 7:15am. If you need more info please PM me.

Just an update, I signed up for Saturday only but it looks like I'll make it for camping on Friday night. Not sure what time I'll get there, that depends on what time I get off work but I'll be shooting for somewhere around 5-7.

I'll need to get back Saturday night but I'm looking forward to getting out there again, it's been a while. I'll try to find my old maps and remember where Group Camp C is.

I signed up for the easy trails but this week I've put on a lift and pulled off the mud flaps. Still got street tires but I'm ready.

We are leaving around 3 from the Raleigh area if anyone else is heading out at the same time.

when you get to the group camp "site c" is to the left or on the back side of the bath house.
I plan on getting there around 5-6pm, not sure what time i will be leaving as of yet.

another map of uwharrie
uwharrie.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom