June 17th and 18th Castlegar BC Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well let's get together and head out to BC for some rock wheeling. I have a local friend that's going to show us a couple good trails. The Saturday trail will be a good one and armour and lockers is highly recommended. Our Sunday wrap up trail will be half day and on the lighter side with good scenery. I'll be finishing up a road trip from California so I'll be meeting whoever comes along in Castlegar later Friday night. Come prepared for this one, it's going to be a technical trail.

I'll be heading out to Vancouver Island after so for those with more time and want to join in on the road trip we can discuss.

Friday June 16th
- depart for Castlegar time will be coordinated depending on departure locations of those attending.

Saturday June 17th Trail Ladybird
- wake up and be ready for the road to the trail 930-10 am wheel for the day and find a place to camp.

Sunday June 18th Trail Bedrock
- 930-10 am departure for the half day trail. Depending on people's time lines will determine the plans for the day and if some of the group has to take off to get back to go to work. This day is also a potential repair day but hopefully not.

Last edited:
I might be up for this since the LX450 is back on the road after a brief sabbatical of repairs. All depends on work.

Any updates on this trip? Is there a GPS plot of the trail(s) available?

What are the chances someone has all four 1.5" spring spacers they are willing to part with? My tires rub fenders and this would probably be all i need to get them to clear.

Hey, I can't make this, as much as it would be a treat to go home to my old stomping grounds. I miss the W Kootenay's
more than family. CB send me a PM when you get to the island, I'm just south of Nanaimo, meet up for coffee and
I can lend you a Vancouver Island Mapbook.

Any updates on this trip? Is there a GPS plot of the trail(s) available?

What are the chances someone has all four 1.5" spring spacers they are willing to part with? My tires rub fenders and this would probably be all i need to get them to clear.

No GPS plot. However what I can tell you is the trail is gnarly. Armour and lockers are a must for the Saturday. What size tires are you running, and what rig? I don't have any spacers but just wondering.

Hey, I can't make this, as much as it would be a treat to go home to my old stomping grounds. I miss the W Kootenay's
more than family. CB send me a PM when you get to the island, I'm just south of Nanaimo, meet up for coffee and
I can lend you a Vancouver Island Mapbook.

Yeah for sure I will we can meet up for a beer.

No GPS plot. However what I can tell you is the trail is gnarly. Armour and lockers are a must for the Saturday. What size tires are you running, and what rig? I don't have any spacers but just wondering.

I have a 93' FZJ80 with a 1HDT swap, along with a plethora of other costly modifications. The tires are 375/65R16 on approx 3" suspension lift. They are monstrously fat and contact my fenders when stuffed. I am thinking that extra bit of lift will be just enough. :) I have ordered some since yesterdays post.

As for the trail I do like gnarly! But if its about pivoting one's truck off of trees/rocks to get around obstetrical or just body carnage in general, then that is not for me. There is way too much $ investment into my truck to beat it up like that.

We don't beat the bodies like that. But we do sometimes pivot the trucks around things using rock sliders which I assume will be the case on this trail. You have rock sliders I take it?

Cool should be all good then, we set up snatch blocks and use the sliders to keep vehicles away from damage to the body, if required.

Those are pretty wide tires what kind are they?

Cool should be all good then, we set up snatch blocks and use the sliders to keep vehicles away from damage to the body, if required.

Those are pretty wide tires what kind are they?

Sweet that sound like my kinda trail!

They are Mackey Thompson Baja MTZ'S

Nice yeah, those tires work pretty good. Interesting size for sure, would be killer for winter wheeling. Where abouts are you from?

I'm in for the next trip (finally). Got myself an '06 100-series to play with while the 80 gets sorted.

Ran outta time unfortunately, so no island life this trip. Plenty of summer left yet tho. The original plan went Up in smoke pretty quick.

Too bad. My trip plans to Ainsworth next weekend went up in smoke due to transmission problem.
Might get that way later on this year, will have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom