Jun. '81 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gorgeous 40!
Is that color "Olive 653"?
I'm in the middle re painting my 40 and want to go with olive green but web pics of 637 and 653 seem to be of a lot more than 2 variations, does it go from brown tones to green tones depending on the light?

Gorgeous 40!
Is that color "Olive 653"?
I'm in the middle re painting my 40 and want to go with olive green but web pics of 637 and 653 seem to be of a lot more than 2 variations, does it go from brown tones to green tones depending on the light?
Yes it sure is! 653 Olive Green. It’s an extremely mysterious color in the best way. Looks cammo brown at time and a slight olive in others. It’s a standout for sure.

Congrats! I looked for a long time and love this rig. Ended up with an '82. I'm in North Houston and would love to see it in person if you ever make it down this way.
We have family in Katy so I’ll keep you posted. I’m in the middle of updating the shocks to my preferred Old Man Emu setup. Hope to have her up and running before Christmas!

Yes it sure is! 653 Olive Green. It’s an extremely mysterious color in the best way. Looks cammo brown at time and a slight olive in others. It’s a standout for sure.

"Mysterious" is a great description from what I've seen. Whether it appears more green or brown, the Olive 653 always looks great to my eye, so I may just pull the trigger on 653.
On your re paint do you know if the paint mix was a true match to the Toyota color Olive 653?
I know there are different was of mixing, some will eye ball it.

According the the seller is was as true a match to the Toyota 653 Olive Green as possible from the people who painted it in Michigan. I'm very pleased with it :)

According the the seller is was as true a match to the Toyota 653 Olive Green as possible from the people who painted it in Michigan. I'm very pleased with it :)

Thank you, appreciate the feedback and it does looks incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom