Jumping the EFI relay - troubleshooting a no start FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been reading through numerous threads and trying to isolate a sudden dieing of my 88 FJ62 today about 200 yards from my house.

Got my workout in for the day pushing it back home. It will not start, cranks well. No spark at any of the plugs.

Has been running great and ran well over 20 miles hauling my dogs around this morning.

No CEL.

I would lie to jump the EFI relay to rule that out but I don’t know which connectors to jump once the relay is disconnected.

any help would be greatkey appreciated.
I think the PO changed the fuel pump since I have the cutout to access the pump under the rear cargo mat.

I would start by checking your fusible link at the battery.
Then check for power at the coil

then pull the cap and inspect the condition of the rotor and cap.

I don’t have a wiring diagram handy so I don’t know if the efi relay also energizes the coil. But I’d start with the above first.

Thanks. I’ll do those checks in the morning. I’ve been reading about the EFI and how it may cut power to the ignition and the fuel pump so I thought jumping the relay may eliminate some options

Thanks. I’ll do those checks in the morning. I’ve been reading about the EFI and how it may cut power to the ignition and the fuel pump so I thought jumping the relay may eliminate some options
What did you end up finding out? Having a similar problem with my 62.

Jumped the relay and it worked. Didn’t realize their was a EFI fuse in the panel. Pulled it and it looked good but checked continuity and it was actually bad. New fuse and all is good. Checked all other fuses and found one other bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom