Jump seat dimensions from 9/73-84 Trade for your covers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jump seat dimensions from 9/73-84

I hit a wall while having some jump seat covers being made. As I was going though my mess of seat cover face pieces I found that I have three/3 sizes.

SOR states two sizes

• 9/73-1978 FJ40 rear jump seats-21 1/2 inches by 16 inches-Contoured to O.E.M. dimensions
  • 1979-1984 FJ40 rear jump seats-21 1/2 inches by 16 inches-Contoured to O.E.M. dimensions
You see what I see? Yup both are the same and that is the bottom, not the back.

Coolcruisers Says Oscar is the best, but he only offers 1

• [FONT=arial, helvetica]~ '73 to '84 [/FONT]

9/73-84 dimensions

If you would be so kind to measure your rear jump seat bottom and back.

• Width
  • Height
  • Depth/thickness
  • Production date
  • Color
Color of pewter that may be darkened over time and may look dark gray or black if a pre 12/78

This will also aid in the mass production of foam in the works.

If you have covers that are junk, meaning hard or torn and you would donate or will to trade for any of my stuff please let me know at aatlas1x@aol.com

I would need to know manufacture date, so if you could write it on the back side in a sharpie would be most excellent!

Best,
Shane

Last edited:
Seats from NZ cruisers, btw, are not OEM equipment. The frame design is much simpler (no leg underneath, for any year, and a simpler hinge) and the seats have wood backs instead of the metal plates. I was told these were added by Toyo. NZ after importing, because the taxes were less for lower seating capacity.

What I'm trying to say is, I imagine the vendors out there are making sizes for OEM seats, not for NZ seats. If one of the 3 sizes you have has a wood back, that would explain it.

I sent Greg Overton 15 or 20 pair from all years, mostly late model. You might check with him.

Shane

My understanding is that you are asking for measurements:

Back Bottom
width 21 1/2" 21 7/8"
heigth 10 1/2" 15 3/4"
depth/thick 2 1/4" 3"
production date: 12/76
color: looks black to me

If you are not asking for measurements and are just asking for old covers, disregard previous information.

Copenhagen1

Darn... got two of the early long ones you could have the torn, ripped, and dirty covers from ... ;)

You lost me.....

Seats from NZ cruisers, btw, are not OEM equipment. The frame design is much simpler (no leg underneath, for any year, and a simpler hinge) and the seats have wood backs instead of the metal plates. I was told these were added by Toyo. NZ after importing, because the taxes were less for lower seating capacity.

What I'm trying to say is, I imagine the vendors out there are making sizes for OEM seats, not for NZ seats. If one of the 3 sizes you have has a wood back, that would explain it.

I have seen these, you are the first that has stated the port installed. The fronts are goofy as well.

I sent Greg Overton 15 or 20 pair from all years, mostly late model. You might check with him.

The late models I have covered, Greg is making insertd for the drivers bolster and a great idea.

Shane

My understanding is that you are asking for measurements:

Back Bottom
width 21 1/2" 21 7/8"
heigth 10 1/2" 15 3/4"
depth/thick 2 1/4" 3"
production date: 12/76

If you are not asking for measurements and are just asking for old covers, disregard previous information.

Copenhagen1

Perfect! Thanks for the 1977 model

email sent

Replied

production date: 12/76​

Back
Width 21 1/2"
Height 10 1/2"
Depth/thick 2 1/4"

Bottom
Width 21 7/8"
Height 15 3/4"
Depth/thickness 3"

I've got a pair of never sat in/used 1980 ones if you need measuments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom