Jumbo Grade to VC 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Hey Gang. @hairy_apple (Ryan) is coming up to my place for the day on 2/8 and we are going to head to Virginia City via Jumbo. This is not a formal "club run" since we just did this on 1/25, but there was only four rigs on that run. So anyone is welcome to join us. @Krusty Krab made it through with ease in his GMC Sierra, so stock rigs are welcome. I do recommend A/T tires at a minimum with good treads as it was sloppy and snowy in spots.

Here's a link to the route we took last weekend.

Meetup: Jumbo Grade OHV area
Time: 10AM, air down and head out by 10:30.
Bring: Snacks, water, cameras, chairs. We will use CB for trails coms.

The plan is to drop into VC by 1 or so and we may go back over Jumbo to come home. Ryan is going to invite folks from his club to come up too, so there may be a good amount of folks and TLCs to ogle over.

Hope to see some of you there!

I might go, depending on other priorities. If there is more snow and ice, look at these alternatives:
jumbo2.JPG

Jumbo_alt.JPG

(Follow the map, not the red line)

So you should show them the post pile-Eagle mountain then the "jeep" trail goes on from there. We saw a string of mostly stock vehicles come from that trail while we were hiking around on the post pile. But if memory serves me right it is not that hard however it is in the shade and it has a steep slope at one end that usually has a drift on it, if it is the trail I am thinking about. That drift/snow patch has turned us back before.

Last edited:
So you should show them the post pile-Eagle mountain then the "jeep" trail goes on from there. We saw a string of mostly stock vehicles come from that trail while we were hiking around on the post pile. But if memory serves me right it is not that hard however it is in the shade and it has a steep slope at one end that usually has a drift on it, if it is the trail I am thinking about. That drift/snow patch has turned back before.

Thanks Marc! It will be close to 60 by mid day tomorrow. You wanna bring the 40 out?

Thought about it but my wife may want to go and then the truck is the one. I'm working on just being able to go:hmm:. Hopefully my son can go and bring his mini truck. Not sure if I'll be there. I'll post up as soon as I know.

Thought about it but my wife may want to go and then the truck is the one. I'm working on just being able to go:hmm:. Hopefully my son can go and bring his mini truck. Not sure if I'll be there. I'll post up as soon as I know.

No worries. I get it. :)

OK I'm going and will bring my Toyota to to a club run for once. Hope we can get into some challenges. I'll have my winch and my work cut out for me getting the bear out of hibernation and ready to roll. Early morning for me.o_O

Sorry I missed this. Hopefully you guys have a great day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom