July Trail Ride (early) is Saturday, July 6th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Starting this thread with a couple of weeks' lead-time so we can discuss options.

Scheduled for July 6 is Hayden Pass/Hermit Lake. These are in the same area as Cloverdale Mine which we found snowbound earlier in June (15th). Let's talk about whether we try to do both, one or the other, or something different on Saturday, July 6th. (Medano remains closed as of June 27th, maybe consider Cordova Pass since we didn't make it earlier this year, or perhaps Greenhorn Mountain since we postponed due to the Reveille Fire, or something else???)

Im still in a sling so i'm not 100% sure I'll be ready to wheel but I'd love to come if I feel up to it. May want to check road closures I think that Reveille fire is still affecting area down there.

I’m headed to the Rubicon, so not making this one. Trying to make time for one of these rides, so I can get out and say hello again. One of these days...

Reactions: SAS
I'm good with either since i've never done them. Would like to get the truck out though.

Just an FYI cloverdale is doable all the way to the top... we went this weekend, I was prob the first full size vehicle to go through besides a couple atvs, but it should be fine now... rainbow lake is extremely high!

Good to hear that rainbow lake is full again! I will be RV camping with my family at the base of the Hayden pass road all weekend and would love to lead the group up to the top. Took my kids up last summer amd they napped the whole way up. Id be down for tagging along to cloverdale as well. Hermit might be a strech for me but could make for a nice hat trick if someone wanted all 3.

I'm out for this weekend--I'm making a special road trip Saturday to buy Toyota parts.;)

The family and I are thinking about going over Hayden pass to Villa grove then on to the sand dunes saturday. Depending on the weather, we might then return west to east over Medano or go back north and over Hayden again. I will only be able to get online for a little while later tonight to see if anyone else is interested in coming along. You can text me at+17193711983. I could meet up at the Hayden creek forest service campground gate around 10ish if anyone wants to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom