July Club Meeting Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - We had a nice club meeting tonight, with a few new members, a few old members, and even an old new member (Welcome back, John!). We put the cancelled Miller-Lockwood run back on the calendar for Saturday, July 27, as a day run; with a camp-over Saturday night option for those inclined to do so.

As it looks now, I think we should start with the Lockwood Creek Trail. TrailsOffRoad rates this as "Moderate" trail (rated 3-4), suitable for stock 4WD's with good ground clearance & good tires. It's a 5-mile trail that should take about 3 hours. It then connects with the Miller Jeep Trail.

The Miller Jeep Trail is rated slightly harder at "Moderate-Difficult" (3-5). Any rigs that found Lockwood as challenging as they'd like to do with their vehicle build level & driving skills, could return through Lockwood and call it a day. Those who'd like to continue Miller can do so. There is camping along & at the end of Miller, with dirt roads back to the highway. Again, this can be a day trip for those that want to hit the highway after running both trails; or an overnight for others. More details should follow on the club website (SoCal TLCA | Southern California Toyota Land Cruiser Enthusiasts), and/or this forum.

We would also like to put an August run on the calendar for Saturday, 8/24/19. Location TBD - open to suggestions, ideally somewhere not sweltering hot... Maybe something coastal like Pismo, or at elevation like the Sierras (Mammoth/June Lake area, maybe?) Please post a reply if you have any ideas!

Thanks, and best wishes!

What do you think on a bone stock 200 series making it ?

What do you think on a bone stock 200 series making it ?
I have not been on the trail in many years so I do not know for sure how rough it is. Read some of the reviews here:

Lockwood/Miller OHV Trail

If you still have your running boards you may bang them up. My guess is that with decent tires on you could probably make the entire trail but probably not completely unscathed. Maybe someone that has been on the trail recently will chime in...

Hi All - I'm looking forward to this run, as it's been years since I've done it. I’ll look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it, at the Flying J Travel Center near Frazier Park. It’s right off I-5, at 42810 Frazier Mountain Road, Lebec, CA. We’ll meet at 8:30 AM, and then head over to the trailhead. See you then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom