JULY 4 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, those of you around Livingston know how Livingston loves its 4th of July parade. Last summer it was cancelled, but didn't stop my friend Lorna from organizing her own "DIRT ROAD" parade, held in Pray MT (real close to Chico Hot Springs). This year back again, I'll hopefully be driving (haven't really driven it yet since I bought it) my 40 and handing out ice cream sandwiches courtesy of Wilcoxsons........ Bringing a group of 40's to the parade would be awesome.......

I like it troutbum. I’ll try to join in w ya.

Wife just grabbed a campsite at Snowbank 7/4-6 so we could be close :)

Nope, not yet. But it’s on my list :).
it does get hit pretty hard. A spot well before that campground that the national forest just touches the creek giving you access to the only flat water on the creek, always 2+ cars there. Have yet to fish it and is the best looking water on the creek IMO. I like above snowbank, just past the passage falls trail / lot. Lots of downed logs creating fun pools. Right along the road, some decent fish in it, all cutts. I've got a forest cabin on big creek, doesn't get hit nearly as hard as mill. From my cabin upstream to the bridge by mountain sky is about 3/4 mile of water that takes about 3 hours to fish. No trails, so wading the entire time. Saw no other anglers all summer on it. Might still be too much water though early July to safely wade it .......

it does get hit pretty hard. A spot well before that campground that the national forest just touches the creek giving you access to the only flat water on the creek, always 2+ cars there. Have yet to fish it and is the best looking water on the creek IMO. I like above snowbank, just past the passage falls trail / lot. Lots of downed logs creating fun pools. Right along the road, some decent fish in it, all cutts. I've got a forest cabin on big creek, doesn't get hit nearly as hard as mill. From my cabin upstream to the bridge by mountain sky is about 3/4 mile of water that takes about 3 hours to fish. No trails, so wading the entire time. Saw no other anglers all summer on it. Might still be too much water though early July to safely wade it .......
1617761294039.png

Camping in Hyalite w some friends this weekend, so won’t make the parade unfortunately. But we’ll make the rodeo friday :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom