Events/Trails July 2020 Club Meeting at Washoe State Park (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
2020 Club Meeting #6
Date
: Thursday July 9, 2020
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Place: South Washoe Lake. There is a smaller lot not in the actual park at 39.231282, -119.782028 that would not require an entrance fee or be subject to closure. It might be less crowded than the beach itself too. Let's meet up there first, if it won't work, then we can drive the 4 mins to Washoe Lake State Park @ WIllow Beach
Bring: Chairs, shade, food and beverages as well as a jacket or sweater

Agenda
  1. Club Run
  2. Land Use
  3. Accounting report
    • Decision on Treasurer
    • Decision on Funds
  4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business
    • Logo discussion
    • Bylaws ratification
  5. Tech discussions🔧
New and Continued Business
  1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
  2. Club shirts are for sale. Just a couple left. We will be putting together a new order.
  3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know.
This is an open invitation. Bring your wheelin friends!

Attachments

• Battle Born Cruisers Bylaws NEW.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing folks tomorrow... The forum's been unusually quiet the last few weeks. So much so that @Mc Orange Crush called me to make sure everyone is still alive. :)

Just a reminder that we are checking out the area just outside the park proper SW of the entrance on EastLake Blvd...

1594226442669.png

I will be there. I saw you checking that area out last time and actually had accidentally stopped there the first meeting. Supposed to be windy through to next week (avg 15mph winds for evenings) so bring you windbreakers and heavier gear to hold things down.

Just to confirm, this one has no fee for entrance correct?

@airon23 you planning to be there for the socket or Tony you taking just in case?

Yep no fee. I'll take the socket and @airon23 can get it from me if he isn't there.

I'm thinking I'll park my truck broadside against the wind and sit on the leeward side.

Glad I looked at this thread. The current plan is to attend, if the fates allow.

Good Meeting! It was great seeing those who could make it. We will have the next meeting at the same location (new thread already posted). We discussed a trail cleanup day for Fordyce that @Krusty Krab is attending on Aug 7-9. Can you make a thread for that Mark? We also discussed the cancellation of Rubithon this year.

We realize Washoe Lake is a drive for those of you further north and we are open to suggestions on open space venues that are more central to everyone if you have suggestions.

We didn't discuss bylaws or logos.

Good Meeting! It was great seeing those who could make it. We will have the next meeting at the same location (new thread already posted). We discussed a trail cleanup day for Fordyce that @Krusty Krab is attending on Aug 7-9. Can you make a thread for that Mark? We also discussed the cancellation of Rubithon this year.

We realize Washoe Lake is a drive for those of you further north and we are open to suggestions on open space venues that are more central to everyone if you have suggestions.

We didn't discuss bylaws or logos.

I am sure there are plenty of small parks and whatnot in south reno area that we could utilize if necessary. I know there is one near my brothers house just off of Double Diamond and then my SIL/BIL there is one by their house near the Winner Corner on S. Virginia and Longley (westside of highway in the older, ranchero estates area).

Yeah. We could even do Galena Forest Rec Area off Mt. Rose hwy. That's 20 mins closer to Sparks than Washoe State Park. But I wouldn't be keen to move it unless we hear back from folks up north on whether that would be something they'd like to do. Otherwise we will just inconvenience everyone else except John and me. :)

Dont know about you guys but I ended getting eaten alive by the mosquitos.
Think I counted a 4"x4" area on my back that I had 9 bites on. But then again I am one of those people that normally gets eaten alive by them.

Yeah. There seemed to be less in the part proper. I am game to find another area further from water. Thomas Creek where we do our annual BBQ? Galena Forest? Snake Mountain near Hidden Valley?

Hell we could probably do the Bower's mansion area and be safe as I pretty sure everything is closed down. That or find alternate location in south reno, alternating months.

Now you're making it too hard on the president to keep s*** straight ;)
Tell you what. I will go scout out the Bower's mansion parking area and "park" and see how things look one day after work. Will report back with sitrep.

Makes telephone call...

Hello, is this Bowers Mansion security???

Yes.

I'd like to report a man in your parking lot that appears to have a fetish for vehicles, particularly Land Cruisers.

O.k???

Yes, there is a man parked in your parking lot, just staring at his Land Cruiser and talking to himself.. He's smiling a little weird and said something about no more bad vibrations.
Could you do a welfare check to make sure he's not in need of mental assistance?

Sir, a Land Cruiser addiction is covered under HIPPA, as it is a verified disease. We will be sending our team immediately...

Lol. I certainly have seen land cruiser owners with an addiction and some mental health issues, especially when they break. Me included. I only talk to myself and my cruiser in private.:wacky:

Lol. I certainly have seen land cruiser owners with an addiction and some mental health issues, especially when they break. Me included. I only talk to myself and my cruiser in private.:wacky:
Well at least you are better than me. The wife and neighbors have caught me on more than one occasion talking to BeBe and Alita. Luckily one is a complete gearhead and SSA racer in his old 911 porsche (has multiple cars) and the others have just learned to not engage when I am working on the trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom