Builds 1975 Red Money pit (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to just post a few pics right now..

9CC7B91D-8B4A-43A0-9F80-501D19CEBFBF.jpeg

3A3E81F2-0EDB-41F9-9456-6E7B73595D27.jpeg

9D3FBC74-0829-410B-83D1-B02C881724CA.jpeg

5682D1F8-DF1F-404C-96D4-31AA8C74F1B4.jpeg

I purchased this truck for my 16 year old son. We wanted a car we could work on together. Although he wanted a 67 camaro like his dad(me) did when he was 16. The answer was hell no. I know what it did in that car at 16. Haha.

It’s a pretty rust free car. I think it came from Venezuela. Purchased it from a guy in Colorado that had it 6 months. He bought it from a guy in Arizona that had it a while.

It has a new carb, I put a new HEI distributor on it. Didn’t want to mess with points and crap with my son driving. Needs to be reliable.

Our plan is to replace, repaint, update most of the stuff we can with the exception of the body.(later)....

Put original front seats in it.
Looks like it didn’t come with a roll bar, but plan on putting one in. It has the long jump seats, so will have to see how that works.

It does not have a heater, but does have AC. Aftermarket I guess. Will post pics to see if anyone knows what brand it is.
Would like to install heater and blower motor. Just not sure if I can. Would have to cut the hole if firewall.

Does not have a brake booster, but I do want to upgrade to that. It has disk in front, drums in back.

I just has 4 speed and transfer case overhauled. (That’s another story...what an ordeal.)

Will post some pics of inside tomorrow.

AC looks aftermarket to me. Definitely not the same one that came in mine right where the passengers knees should go :rofl:. That's probably all you need in Houston though!

I'm interested in how those jump seats are mounted if you have any more pictures? I also have a 73+ model with no roll cage and I'm trying to figure out how to correctly mount the seats

AC looks aftermarket to me. Definitely not the same one that came in mine right where the passengers knees should go :rofl:. That's probably all you need in Houston though!

I'm interested in how those jump seats are mounted if you have any more pictures? I also have a 73+ model with no roll cage and I'm trying to figure out how to correctly mount the seats

Will do. I will take some tomorrow during the day.

Inspecting the gas line today, I see that they only have one line active.

The line that is on the side of tank is plugged.
The line on the bottom of the tank runs up to fuel filter in engine bay and to pump, up to carb.

What is the purpose and what does the other line run to?

Bench, really? Could I be able to verify by the original mount locations in floor? Or are they the same for buckets?

more like a 40/60 split bench.
middle and passenger side fixed
drivers side adjustable

Almost forgot.
Purchased new pins for both doors.

Was going to replace them today and I couldn’t get the dang old ones out.

Anyone have any good tricks?

Almost forgot.
Purchased new pins for both doors.

Was going to replace them today and I couldn’t get the dang old ones out.

Anyone have any good tricks?

bigger hammer and good brass or alum drift.
and take the doors off the hinges first.
one errant swing and you'll be pretty pleased with yourself.

i'd be more inclined to jump on the brakes first.
cant imagine how well it stops with a non power assisted single system....im guessing not well.
Any suggestions on what setup I should do? Would a brake booster bolt to my firewall? The single reservoir only has 3 bolts..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom