jto: water pumps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope this isn't taken wrong but why would this question even make it to this board. "You know the score" and seeing as JT is not an OEM/Toyota dealer ummmm.

I maybe a nutcase, surely some of my friends think I am, always telling them to hit the dealer. Maybe we are just lucky that all the parts that are still available are next day with no shipping normally. The healthy club discount is a bonus too. Now on here CDan "IS" the dealer, great service and knowledgable.

Haven't we all learned the lesson of "lifetime" warranty crap from all the big parts chains. Some marginally better than other (maybe Napa and CarQuest) but most are all selling you the same reman or worse, new crap. My original water pump (example) was 30 years old when I pulled the running motor, I couldn't save enough money to put anything but OEM in a case like that.

I have a simple value based quiz when buying stuff, if it's gonna leave my old onery ass on the side of the road if it fails, spend the $$$ now.

Rant off....................................................

SpaceGhost said:
I maybe a nutcase, surely some of my friends think I am,
fwiw, i don't think you're a nutcase :flipoff2:

and i also would only do oem on the water pump...for the same reasons. my 60 is my dd and has to get me to and from work every day in addition to wheeling...it needs to be reliable.

oem sure would be nice, however the 8/76-1/79 pumps are no longer availible from toyota.
my other choice would be the 1/79-8/87, and i don't have any of the other stuff for the cooler. although i would like to hook up with that setup some time, funds permiting.

brian said:
oem sure would be nice, however the 8/76-1/79 pumps are no longer availible from toyota.
my other choice would be the 1/79-8/87, and i don't have any of the other stuff for the cooler. although i would like to hook up with that setup some time, funds permiting.

What if I yanked all the cooler related parts and the water pump of the 79 2F I just pulled from my rig, boxed em up and sent them too ya? You use em, you send me back something I can't get in Indianapolis Indiana. Value at your discretion, talking a local product type thing, something for the sentimental value and conversation.

It would be over the weekend before I pulled the stuff and it all worked no leaks, and I have a new oil filter too. I probably have the gaskets too now that I think about it.

brian said:

Are you sure? I just got a waterpump from Cruiserdan for my 8/76 FJ40. Mine's a California model with oil cooler and egrl if that makes a difference. It looks like sculpture and works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom