JT outfitters Headers

You still got to figure vac for brake booster, charcoal can, PCV, and dizzy vent. Advance is easy.
I was planning to come off the vac port from the intake manifold.
image.jpg

MoaByte

SILVER Star
After 18 months, I found folly in my vacuum design plan. It worked, but it's a bad plan. Had PCV and Char-can T'ed together on weak vac. Filled tank before parking, gas expanded filling Char-can and was about to drain into crankcase from PCV. Anyhow, glad I cought it.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Thanks fellas! How’d you go about connecting the headers to the cat? I’m toying with cutting my OEM down pipe, having a bung for an o2 sensor welded where the bypass pipe connects and using a flex pipe to connect to the collector...View attachment 2786225View attachment 2786226

I have a sneaking suspicion that these headers were designed for a Chevy straight six...

PLEASE do cut this down pipe

PM me please

i need one now desperately for my 83 FJ43L-KC 2F

thanks
matt

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
I was planning to come off the vac port from the intake manifold.View attachment 2786476

i also have tons of OEM Vacuum ports if you need a different one ?

some are SOLID pre - owned , some are indeed NOS unicorn parts from way back i hold onto for trades only

thanks

MoaByte

SILVER Star

some are SOLID pre - owned , some are indeed NOS unicorn parts from way back i hold onto for trades only

thanks
Matt,you are pure gold! Mud has an opportunity here to make Sniper fit the need. Right now we have pioneers who have made it work, but...

thanks
I believe this vac port will work. But I’m not to the point of routing things just yet. Still trying to get this steering gear box off to rebuild.... 🙄

MoaByte

SILVER Star
@cps432 the Sniper will eliminate some issues and you will be glad for it. But it will add some too. Similar issues if you just desmog. What you could gain, based on my and others word, it better pulling power on the hills. You should be able to row through the gears faster. Also, you open real estate under the hood, you killed the spaghetti monster. You don't need HAC, carb fan, float bowl venting, and a choke cable/system.

What you will have, is instant cold start, more consistent speed pulling grades, be able to idle through rough 4-low sections without stalling, worse overall MPG's (hope to fix that), better throttle response, and new worries about fuel pressure, O2 readings, worries about MAP (vacuum), rethinking your timing settings, and probably a few others. You have left the OEM, built for 1980's congressional EPA mandates behind. You have entered the world of hot-rodding with a racing tractor. 😐 . Welcome aboard, you are a pioneer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom