Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not ignoring, just surviving. The caps arrived earlier this week. Still waiting on sockets... this might be my last run of them, too much BS and it isn't fair to you folks. If anyone wants a cap, you can buy starting Monday, but you will have to source your own socket.
Order complete. Thank you, Brian, for persevering on this!

Chuck

Ordered. You had me at nipple.

Ordered.

This will be for my next Land Cruiser (the one I don't even have yet). Current LC will turn 300,000 miles this month, and around 200,000 of them have been with Brian's creation on it. It's still the best part of changing the oil -- feeling the quality of this product.

Get these while they last. You won't regret it for one second.

Thanks @bjowett

Any 2 1/2" will do, it's not like you will be putting axel nut torque on it. NAPA auto parts stocks them.

Any sharp corner 2 1/2" with 1/2" drive will do. I tend to supply KD Tools and Performamce Tools sockets as they look good and hit the price point. There are some slightly nicer looking units, but they are difficult to find and 2 - 3X the price. At that price point, a real forged socket can be had.

Any sharp corner 2 1/2" with 1/2" drive will do. I tend to supply KD Tools and Performamce Tools sockets as they look good and hit the price point. There are some slightly nicer looking units, but they are difficult to find and 2 - 3X the price. At that price point, a real forged socket can be had.
Getting everything ready to do oil change as soon as the Jowett filter housing and socket arrives. Can the Jowett socket be used to remove the original Toyota housing or do I need to get a different socket to remove original Toyota housing?

Different socket required for stock housing.

Getting everything ready to do oil change as soon as the Jowett filter housing and socket arrives. Can the Jowett socket be used to remove the original Toyota housing or do I need to get a different socket to remove original Toyota housing?
Same here... I’ve been dreaming about doing a clean-easy oil change :clap:

Ditto. Anyone have pics of how to swap the internal part over to the new housing?

Ordered. This will be sweet.

Nope, the new socket will not do the stock filter housing. I hope you fellas also got the Fumoto drain valve for the oil pan?
Thank you all for the quick response. About to order Fumoto, but looks like Jowett is using EZ drain. Any suggestions on which valve to get?

Hey Brian. How's the shipping going? I haven't received any notice so just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom