Jonathan Ferguson's 1985 Toyota Hilux LN65 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale
Threads
Website
jonathan-ferguson.tk
I originally had my build thread on 3rdrock4x4.com but the 3rd Rock 4x4 Club Incorporated ceased as a legal entity on 19 March, 2013 and the domain name lapsed on 12 June, 2013

I will resurrect the pertinent information from the old thread and then I will keep this thread up to date.

Wednesday, 23 November, 2005

Icom IC-400PRO $388.00
Prestige Communications

Antenna Agencies CB6 Deluxe $123.65
Non Recommended Supplier

Garmin eTrex Legend Colour Worst Mod

Richmond Gear Powertrax Lock Right 1615
Ordered: Thursday, 28th April, 2005. Off-Road Motorsports $927.01 For two.
Arrived: Monday, 16th May, 2005.

Rear Differential Carrier modified: Monday, 8th August, 2005. McNamara $850.00 Included new Bearings, Crownwheel and Pinion.
Rear Installed: Monday, 8th August, 2005. Good Mod

Front Differential Carrier modified: Wednesday, 16th November, 2005. McNamara $200.00
Front Installed: Friday, 18th November, 2005.

Interco Super Swamper TSL LTB-01 $320.02 each Good Mod
Ordered: Saturday, 22nd October, 2005. 4Wheel Parts $817.96 For five.
Arrived: Friday, 25th November, 2005. Customs & Quarantine Broker + Delivery $782.14

ROH Trak Australia 04113388 $70.00 each, included Fitting and Balancing.
Local Tyre Shop

3rd Rock 4X4 Stickers $55.00
Received: Thursday, 15th December, 2005.
Affixed: Monday, 16th January, 2006.

Adelaide Clutch Services: K TY 23 001 DSB HD $371.00 Good Mod
Better Brakes, Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia.

Two piece Propellor Shaft modified to one piece $220.00 Necessary Mod
Non Recommended Supplier
Reinstalled: Wednesday, 30th August, 2006.

KC HiLiTES Daylighter 239 $297.00 Necessary Mod
Ordered: Friday, 3rd August, 2007. 4WD1
Arrived: Thursday, 9th August, 2007.

Sunday, 26 March, 2006

I've now driven on the Freeway and out Bush, with the Interco LTBs, they're no worries. I've now also driven with the front Lock Right, the Steering is extremely heavy in Low Range first, but once accelerating in Low Range second and third, the Steering's fine. Also, with the Free Wheeling Hubs engaged, the Lock Right has no effect whilst in Rear Wheel Drive.

Almost forgot, the Interco LTB-01 on 3.5" Back Space 15x8, rub, and have bent out, the Plastic Lining on the Firewall.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006

bj42turbo said:
So does this mean she is back up and running 100% now

BJ
No, Dad and I will get a Trailer and go to Bendigo this Friday. I'll firstly check the Injector Pump Wires with a Multi Meter, and see if I can get it to fire, otherwise it'll go on a Trailer and be taken to the Engine Builder.

Wednesday, 30 August, 2006

Yesterday, I purchased a pair of 9" Travel Monroe Dampers, for the front of my Hilux.
Part Number: L16-1702+ $244.99 from Repco - Was in stock

Wednesday, 30 August, 2006

marin said:
Jonathan Ferguson said:
bj42turbo said:
So does this mean she is back up and running 100% now

BJ

No, Dad and I will get a Trailer and go to Bendigo this Friday. I'll firstly check the Injector Pump Wires with a Multi Meter, and see if I can get it to fire, otherwise it'll go on a Trailer and be taken to the Engine Builder.

sooo, new shocks, but no news in between, how'd the engine stuff go?

marin

The problem with the Injector Pump, was that the wire between its clip and the Injector Pump was damaged, which the Engine Mob fixed.
When I picked the Car up from the Engine Mob, he said the Injectors were leaking, enough to make a Puddle on the Ground. The Mob I got to recondition the Injectors, supplied the wrong Washers. Which I've since rectified with them.

Thursday, 21 September, 2006

Fortunately I measured the Monroes, they're the wrong ones.
In the Emails to Monroe, it was written as if L16-1702+ is the same with and without the L & +. Which is not correct, according to Repco, the ones I wanted must have the L in front of the Part Number. Which would cost twice as much as the normal ones.
Originally when I went in to get the Monroes, I wrote on the piece of Paper, L16-1702+ or 16-1702.

Next to get is Carrolls GP-2637H, instead.

Friday, 22 September, 2006

I've Telephoned Carrolls, and GP-2637H is no longer available and has been replaced by 36-5570, which has significantly different dimensions.

marin said:
so u know what ur gona go with? or is it back to the drawing board to work out what the next best is?
This afternoon, I'm going to go to Repco and emphasise the L in L16-1702+

The alternative is the Rancho RS5017 and its Dimensions, but there's not enough margin for my liking at its compressed length. Fairly alright price, though. AUD$260 (pair)

Jonathan Ferguson said:
This afternoon, I'm going to go to Repco and emphasise the L in L16-1702+
Well, I did it, but no joy. The Woman at Repco Phoned Monroe, and the L16-1702+ is no longer made and was replaced by the 16-1702.

marin said:
what about down at EFS and get something custom made? is that expensive? or is that carrols to get custom made...?

i think its the place down on hume hwy in thomastown or something?

marin
That's the Mob I Phoned this morning.

Tuesday, 26 September, 2006

I haven't yet received the Dampers.

The Leaf Springs are giving me heaps of grief. One of the two U-Bolts for the right Leaf Spring has flattened corners, so the Tie Rod doesn't hit it, so I'll get another like it. Tomorrow will be the third day working on it, and I've got to get the hard mounted end's Pin to go through the Chassis so I can get a Nut and Washer on it, for both of the Leaf Springs.
Also, the Leaf Springs are so ghey, I need longer Brake Lines.

Wednesday, 27 September, 2006

I received the Rancho RS5017 today, the bottom mounting point's Sleeve is too wide and I'll have to File about 2.9mm off each side to get it down to 32.2mm

Monday, 29 January, 2007

marin said:
Hey johnathan, whats that whirly ma jigga thingy on the top of ur snorkle? Never seen 1 before, looks like an advanced donaldson to help separate the dust better?

marin
That's exactly what it is. Donaldson Topspin
marin said:
Oh ok, same as the donaldson bowl but spits the crap out on its own.

marin

Monday, 12 February, 2007

scotto said:
so er...any plans to create some more heat in the chambers??
I'm going to turn the Fuel up considerable. Hopefully muster a few stray Shetlands. - Currently it can't hold 100km/h on the Highway.

Tuesday, 6 March, 2007

New front Exhaust Pipe from Mr. Muffler. $130.00

The EGT Probe was mounted into Bar Stock that had its centre drilled and tapped 1/4" BSPT, then 3mm along the bottom of the Bar Stock was ground down on the Lathe and this same diameter was drilled into the Exhaust Pipe, so the Bar Stock would slot into the Exhaust Pipe and then Welded.

Had to remove two broken Studs from the Exhaust Manifold and then put Recoil Threads in.

I took the Car for a short drive 'round the block s'afternoon, and it didn't reach 400 degrees Celsius.

Friday, 9 March, 2007

scotto said:
Find a long hill where you can get stuck in to in 3rd gear and see what the water and EGT reads...then start playing with the fuel
I bought Biodiesel from SAFF, 286 Boronia Road, Boronia.

Ferntree Gully Road, Scoresby to Glen Waverley, 568 degrees Celsius. - Fifth, to fourth, to third.
Gallaghers Road, Glen Waverley, 585 degrees Celsius. - Fourth, to third, to second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom