Joining the Party! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi 100_Series folks!

I bought my '02 Land Cruiser earlier this year as our 'escape pod' from NYC. The 100-Series was the perfect solution. For me, it's the right mix of tank-level sturdiness and road-trip friendly set up. My wife only required something big, ugly and beautiful which gave me the "green light" to put the 100-Series at the top of the list. I found IH8MUD then, and y'all have been an incredible resource for all things LC.

We're moving from New Hampshire to Joshua Tree soon, and I'm prepping the truck for a cross-country trip has been a great project even though I'm still learning the ropes with wrenching.

One of the to-do's on my list is to get the audio system sounding better. I've swapped out the speakers and repaired the subwoofer (both thanks to guides on here), but haven't been able to find an answer to improving the audio quality. I'm using a bluetooth cassette adapter right now but want to install an aux input so my wife and I don't play 'dueling banjos' with bluetooth connections every time we hop in the truck.

Any suggestions that don't require the nav-delete mod?

Thanks and hope to see y'all around!

Thanks for sharing these JunkCrzr89!

Not sure if it is even possible, but I'm poking around with the idea of deleting the 6-disc changer in the console and finding a way to hard wire an audio input directly into the wiring that the changer mounted to.

I have no idea - I’m not an electrical guru. But the GROM unit I linked above just plugs into the back your factory stereo to give you Bluetooth or aux input audio and hands-free talking.

Thanks for sharing these JunkCrzr89!

Not sure if it is even possible, but I'm poking around with the idea of deleting the 6-disc changer in the console and finding a way to hard wire an audio input directly into the wiring that the changer mounted to.

That's essentially what the Grom VLine 2 does, albeit much more complicated.

NH to Joshua Tree, that's quite a change in scenery!

Hi 100_Series folks!

I bought my '02 Land Cruiser earlier this year as our 'escape pod' from NYC. The 100-Series was the perfect solution. For me, it's the right mix of tank-level sturdiness and road-trip friendly set up. My wife only required something big, ugly and beautiful which gave me the "green light" to put the 100-Series at the top of the list. I found IH8MUD then, and y'all have been an incredible resource for all things LC.

We're moving from New Hampshire to Joshua Tree soon, and I'm prepping the truck for a cross-country trip has been a great project even though I'm still learning the ropes with wrenching.

One of the to-do's on my list is to get the audio system sounding better. I've swapped out the speakers and repaired the subwoofer (both thanks to guides on here), but haven't been able to find an answer to improving the audio quality. I'm using a bluetooth cassette adapter right now but want to install an aux input so my wife and I don't play 'dueling banjos' with bluetooth connections every time we hop in the truck.

Any suggestions that don't require the nav-delete mod?

Thanks and hope to see y'all around!

NH to Joshua Tree, that's quite a change in scenery!

It'll be a shift in perspective for sure! But also, 'change in scenery' equals 'no 6ft of snowfall' which I'm pretty excited about too.

What are you going to be doing in JT?

And living in Yucca, PS, Stumps, Irwin?

Working, hiking, and hopefully putting the LC to good use beyond just dodging moose in the road. We've already got a list running for backpacking trips, but I need to get something similar for trails to hit in the truck for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom